Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Africa 'A' tour of Ireland

South Africa 'A' tour of Ireland

The squads for the 4-day, 1-day and T20's have been picked for South Africa. Would be great if the Irish lads could add their squads if they know it.

For South Africa, Rilee Rossouw being snubbed is interesting and something I'm not surprised by. The selectors want him to play for the team rather than himself. Doesn't think through an innings for what the circumstances demand.

There is one new cap in the South Africa A limited overs squad in Rowan Richards, the left arm seamer from the Nashua Titans. Rusty Theron could not be considered for this squad because of injury.

SOUTH AFRICA A FOUR-SQUAD (V IRELAND): Faf du Plessis (Nashua Titans, capt), Temba Bavuma (bizhub Highveld Lions), Farhaan Behardien (Nashua Titans), Dean Elgar (Chevrolet Knights), Quinton Friend (Chevrolet Knights), Simon Harmer (Chevrolet Warriors), Reeza Hendricks (Chevrolet Knights), Rory Kleinveldt (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Heino Kuhn (Nashua Titans), Ryan McLaren (Chevrolet Knights), Chris Morris (bizhub Highveld Lions), Justin Ontong (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Wayne Parnell (Chevrolet Warriors), Stiaan van Zyl (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Dane Vilas (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras).

SOUTH AFRICA A ODI SQUAD (V IRELAND): Colin Ingram (Chevrolet Warriors, capt), Kyle Abbott (Sunfoil Dolphins), Temba Bavuma (bizhub Highveld Lions), Farhaan Behardien (Nashua Titans),Reeza Hendricks (Chevrolet Knights), Rory Kleinveldt (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Richard Levi (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), David Miller (Sunfoil Dolphins), Chris Morris (bizhub Highveld Lions), Aaron Phangiso (bizhub Highveld Lions), Rowan Richards (Nashua Titans), Thami Tsolekile (bizhub Highveld Lions), Roelof van der Merwe (Nashua Titans), Dane Vilas (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras).

SOUTH AFRICA A T20 SQUAD (V IRELAND): Colin Ingram (Chevrolet Warriors, capt), Kyle Abbott (Sunfoil Dolphins), Farhaan Behardien (Nashua Titans), Johan Botha (Chevrolet Warriors), Reeza Hendricks (Chevrolet Knights), Rory Kleinveldt (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Richard Levi (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), David Miller (Sunfoil Dolphins), Chris Morris (bizhub Highveld Lions), Aaron Phangiso (bizhub Highveld Lions), Rowan Richards (Nashua Titans), Thami Tsolekile (bizhub Highveld Lions), Roelof van der Merwe (Nashua Titans), Stiaan van Zyl (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Dane Vilas (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras).

Schedule:

AUG 6 - AUG 9 : 1st Unofficial test @ Oak Hill Cricket Club
    AUG13 - AUG 16: 2nd Unofficial test @ Lodge Road , Coleraine

AUG 19 : 1st Unofficial ODI @ Fox Lodge CC , Strabane
    AUG 21: 2nd Unofficial ODI @ Civil Service CC , Stormont, Belfast
    AUG 23: 3rd Unofficial ODI @ Civil Service CC , Stormont , Belfast

AUG 27: 1st Unofficial T20I @ Oak Hill CC
    AUG 28: 2nd Unofficial T20I @ Oak Hill CC
    AUG 31: 3rd Unofficial T20I @ The Village, Malahide, Dublin
    SEP 2: 4th Unofficial T20I @ The Village, Malahide, Dublin

What's the tour fixture like? P.S great quote from Graeme Pollock in your sig, one of my personal favourites.

Edit: Ah, there it is
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    What's the tour fixture like? P.S great quote from Graeme Pollock in your sig, one of my personal favourites.

Edit: Ah, there it is
    Yeah, probably should have put it in the first post. Good to see Ireland getting some cricket and quite a few grounds seeing some cricket. Hopefully the weather is kind.

Great little article done by Chappeli on his knock of 274 at Durban.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Does this mean we'll lose Miller for finals day?
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    The PCB should arrange more more A tours like this. Countries like Ireland, Afghanistan, Holland, Kenya and even Bangladesh/Zimbabwe would benefit by playing a 4 day game against the Pak A team, and our players would get better experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Does this mean we'll lose Miller for finals day?
    Thats a good question. I remember reading an article where Yorkshire CC said this was a possibility that he would miss finals day.

Finals day is on the 25th, between the ODI's and T20's so will be interesting to see if CSA allow Miller and Levi to play in it.

Would really be a dampener if they don't given the runs he's made for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    The PCB should arrange more more A tours like this. Countries like Ireland, Afghanistan, Holland, Kenya and even Bangladesh/Zimbabwe would benefit by playing a 4 day game against the Pak A team, and our players would get better experience.
    Definitely should see more 'A' tours like this. To grow the game & get your next line of players cricket ready in an off-season or to just grow their experiences as well.

SA 'A' will also be going to Sri Lanka next year while our main side is there which is also a good move.

PCB are morons so I guess I can only wish.

Is DeLange in the main squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Would really be a dampener if they don't given the runs he's made for us.
    Just got this off the Bradford Telegraph

Yorkshire have been boosted by the news that star bowler Mitchell Starc would be available for the Friends Life t20 quarter-finals if, as expected, they secure qualification.

The Australian will break off from preparations for his country’s A tour of England later this month to play alongside South African David Miller, who is available for the entire competition even though any potential appearance at Finals Day in late August clashes with his country’s A tour of Ireland.

Also read that Gillespie plans to build a LT relationship if possible with both Starc and Miller. Likes to have continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Is DeLange in the main squad?
    Has a back strain and needs 6 weeks rest. Would have been in the main ODI and T20 squad though.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    Just got this off the Bradford Telegraph

Yorkshire have been boosted by the news that star bowler Mitchell Starc would be available for the Friends Life t20 quarter-finals if, as expected, they secure qualification.

The Australian will break off from preparations for his country’s A tour of England later this month to play alongside South African David Miller, who is available for the entire competition even though any potential appearance at Finals Day in late August clashes with his country’s A tour of Ireland.

Also read that Gillespie plans to build a LT relationship if possible with both Starc and Miller. Likes to have continuity.
    Yeah Starc said on twitter earlier that he'd be hapy to come back next year.

Although we might need to do a bit better to reach finals atm.

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Good to see Ireland playing some matches; Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information