• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thunder will definitely pick Borgas btw.

Looking forward to Robocop Feldman for the Sixers, Maddinson to make 6 from 12 balls.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and looking through the supps list I was reminded we'll be down Narine if we make the finals. Nathan McCullum comeback? Nat might try to overthrow Haddin though

anyway, http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...-big-bash-league-2012-13-a-7.html#post2965988

if we do pick up a supp list player to replace Haze + Starc and ensure we have another pacer on the bench, Haberfield, Duffield, ****ley, Singh, Bills and Mott seem the options. (wait, are Foster or Joel Singh seamers?)

Duffield seems the best of that lot. Although I threw out Mott's name months ago as a possible signing so I'll be cheering for him

**** just scored the 3rd best ever, dafuq?
huh. the dude comes in as a replacement for handy (or Kane :(). no harm.

benchmark00

I note that Crabb is jumping on the Sixers bandwagon despite being a Thunder boi. Sickening really.

Spikey

Rob when you're uploading Stuart MacGill hitting the running runs in that ING cup final, upload Richards' 35 too.

uvelocity

International Coach
if we do pick up a supp list player to replace Haze + Starc and ensure we have another pacer on the bench, Haberfield, Duffield, ****ley, Singh, Bills and Mott seem the options. (wait, are Foster or Joel Singh seamers?)
singh. what about steketee or however it's spelled. he would be good, changes of pace etc

huh. the dude comes in as a replacement for handy (or Kane :(). no harm.[/QUOTE]

woah woah woah never said I knew how this thing worked. I picked someone who cost **** all as the 12th man to save money

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I did. But he comes in for Handscomb. Finch was a last minute trade (once I realised keeping Gayle was stupid and I could just trade Finch for Gayle next week) and he was placed on the bench, while I thought he would just replace Gayle in the starting line-up. No real harm done.

Thunder vs Sixers

Scott Coyte has not been picked. BURN.

Anyway. Let's try to pick the Thunder team! A task beyond most human beings imo...

Rogers
Guptill
Cosgrove
Mahmood
Lockyear
6. Carters
Abbott
Sandhu
Doran
Tremain
Nannes

that's a long tail and means picking every bowler named in the squad while two batsmen are left over so that probably won't happen...So Sandhu/Tremain will probably go out for Borgas and then they hope Abbott, Doran, Nannes, Sandhu/Tremain & Mahmood cover most of the overs. Cosgrove is the 6th bowling option and from there...Guptill? Can Guptill Bowl? Lockyear must be Able To Bowl surely? He's got nothing else on his plate....anyway, Usman can stay in Canberra.

Sydney Sixers have been bros and picked the starting 11 already:

Sydney Sixers ‏@SixersBBL

Team: Haddin ©, Feldman, Henriques, Lee, Maddinson, Mendis, O'Keefe, S. Smith, Starc, Thornely, Warner. Lalor 12th, D. Smith 13th

Luke Feldman living the dream.
Guptill actually has a few Test wickets but they were completely hilarious because of the offensively bad standard of his bowling; complete pies. Lockyear is a better bowler (not saying he's good, mind..).

Did Coyte really just not get picked? So harsh.

benchmark00

Guptill actually has a few Test wickets but they were completely hilarious because of the offensively bad standard of his bowling; complete pies. Lockyear is a better bowler (not saying he's good, mind..).

As a foundation supporter of the Thunder, you have every right to ask questions of team management imo.

Spikey

Do not get picked. Massive shock to me. The one feel good story of last season and they dump him! I thought Tremain would be on the sidelines fo' sure. At least for the first couple of games.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Khawaja is playing isn't he which would mean we should see:

1. Khawaja
2. Guptill
3. Cosgrove
4. Rogers
5. Mahmood
6. Borgas
7. Carters
8. Abbott
9. Doran
10. Tremain
11. Nannes

If no Uzzi, slip Lockyer in between Rogers and Mahmood. I don't mind the Thunder team. Guptill is good at the short stuff, got quality left hand bats who are good at hitting boundaries across the carpet and right hand leg side dominant hitters in Borgas and Abbott. Mahmood a bit of a wildcard too as he showed for the NZ team in the Champions League thingy.

benchmark00

Must get Burt.

Butterworth's name sticks out there. Hasn't had a great deal of success in t20 but is a handy bat along with his bowling.