• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
All of what I said has been reported, except I'm assuming it's Butler with the Twitter thing. Someone senior in the team with the scope for irony, not Wells or Neesh.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Find a way to deliver me my $3.75 winnings for the Shield, ****s, otherwise I'll back up the truck for another crazy second half from Rutherford. Loving Otago at $5.50 ftw.

CD to set Auckland a 370 in 100 overs chase here. Otherwise, Otago probably level-pegging with matches against cbf girthy cats Auckland and Wellington in hand.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Raval passing 50 and failing to ton up again. He's really changed from his old days when he was basically McIntosh 2.0.

Rutherford taking full toll of a seriously understrength ND bowling attack. He has a serious chance to do a Munro here and book his place in the national side by virtue of one enormous score.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hey Wells is batting at 5 for Otago - this is new. Rutherford on 162* - if he continues with this prolific form it's going to be hard for NZ selectors to ignore him (though I'd suggest leaving him alone for another 12 months).

Auckland's bowling attack looks rather pedestrian to me, even if they bowled out CD cheaply in the first innings (there were some horrific shots). I still don't think Bruce Martin would be a very good selection for NZ either.

Love 2gaga's bowling action.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Rutherford taking full toll of a seriously understrength ND bowling attack.
Is it really understrength? Doesn't have Southee or Boult but ND wouldn't expect to have them these days. Arnel is good, Verma was excellent last match and Baker and Sodhi have their moments - doesn't look bad to me. Certainly better than Canterbury's, Auckland's and perhaps CD's attacks at the moment.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Is it really understrength? Doesn't have Southee or Boult but ND wouldn't expect to have them these days. Arnel is good, Verma was excellent last match and Baker and Sodhi have their moments - doesn't look bad to me. Certainly better than Canterbury's, Auckland's and perhaps CD's attacks at the moment.
Verma has only had one match and looks seriously pedestrian once he runs out of puff. Ish is still pretty average at this stage of his career, and Baker is just filler. Also missing Aldridge which is a big blow for them. Its not a poor bowling attack, but its a long way off ND's usual standards.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't buy that. Arnel, Aldridge and Baker was the attack for most of last season and probably the last few years with a random spinner being invovled and occasionally Trent Boult. It's a reasonable attack, and Verma with the new ball has a higher ceiling than others they've played this season.

Not saying Rutherford is an amazing player, but 150 against that attack is a decent effort. Only CD and Otago can claim better in this round.

Btw I know he took 5fer at Eden Park so great effort but how floaty does Small look this season? Last year he hit the deck pretty hard and at brisk pace but this season the ball just seems to be gliding along the deck. Byproduct of the injury he's carrying I guess?

Meridio

International Regular
Murdoch finally scoring some runs. A couple of 40s last game and 56* at the moment. Ryder meanwhile scoring at his usual run-a-ball pace, 65 off 66 atm. I suppose it's promising that there's only nine 4s and no 6s so far though?

Mike5181

International Captain
L Ferguson is 12th man for Auckland. Isn't he the guy Doull was working with a while back on The Cricket Show?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, that's the guy.

Btw I know he took 5fer at Eden Park so great effort but how floaty does Small look this season? Last year he hit the deck pretty hard and at brisk pace but this season the ball just seems to be gliding along the deck. Byproduct of the injury he's carrying I guess?
Yeah we've talked about Small being open-chested and spearing it in more. Still see a bit of that Fielding lad heavy ball stuff at times.

Bevan Small vs. Styris & Croft - YouTube

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's interesting that Ronchi-tonk Badonkadonk has moved to number 6 for Wellington. Maybe a move to show off his batting with a goal to making it into the NZ team?

Athlai

Not Terrible
With his recent form, half an Elliott and the presence of allrounders in Boam and Kuggs it makes a lot of sense.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, the 'Pollard to No. 3 in first-class!' idea didn't work out so good. Ronchi really had to bat at six here.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
A pair of taciturn bubble boys at the crease shepherding CD towards a draw, itstl. Maybe they're thinking a 300 off 60 overs type chase may be the go, turn Auckland's desperation for points into their undoing.

Last edited: