• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

jcas0167

International Debutant
F##k, Rutherford out for 90. He seems to get out in the 90's a bit.. Then back it up with a low score.

I think he looks a like good player, he's no Ingram or anything. Seems to take a bit to get underway, but seems to carry on with starts. International cricket? Not yet. Needs to iron a few things out first. I think he could be a great one day player, but his record is poor there. Hopefully he can get some scores and make the A teams (which he will regardless), and progress to the Blackcaps that way.
Haven't seen much of him, but he always seems to hit a lot of boundaries and has a good strike rate. I think I read him joking that his dad's batting was "too slow" :)

edit: speaking of guys who hit a lot of boundaries - M Bracewell just out for 190.

Last edited:

Binkley

U19 Captain
Looks like Bates and Bartlett are injured.
Jeez, yeah. Only five overs between them, half the number Tim McIntosh has bowled! So the Auckland bowling attack has basically been Martin M, Martin B, an overworked Colin de Grandhomme and a load of old tosh.

Flynn looks such a good player when he is batting well, and I hope he makes a comeback to the national team at some point after his SA disasters - and while 166 scored off Tim McIntosh is nice, it is probably not a definitive statement of class and form.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Love it when NZ domestic sides rack up 500+. NZ batsmen are not typically well practiced at batting long periods of time and scoring BIG hundreds, and that continues into the international arena. Often (when we face teams that don't bowl us out for 47) that comes down to simple lack of patience.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
In other news, Otago $5.50, did anyone else get on?

Phlegm can't even beat that Wizards attack at McLean Park, that's terrible. Jarvis and Taylor leave after the next round, trouble brewing.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jesse's painted another picture of how it's going to be. It's going to be ****.
Yes although I haven't seen highlights, scoring 18(13) with 2 fours and a six before being bowled by Soper again tells the story.

Getting to the point where I don't think he should be in the NZ test side even if available. Hit and giggle maybe, but not tests.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Well done to Mike Bracewell on his first FC ton, and making it a big one. He's had a few 90s before IIRc so sure it's a bit of a relief . Watched the boundaries in the video scorecard, loved that high elbow when driving the quicks.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Anyone know what happened to Bartlett?

Bruce Martin bowled 43 overs in a day ( 50 odd in the innings), trooper.

Flem274*

123/5
CD's newest spinner appears to be having a good game.

Mathieson only bowling 8 overs, even if expensive, is worrying. I hope he isn't another addition to the injury list.

Flem274*

123/5
Holy **** just checked the Hawke Cup scores.

When was the last time a side racked up 680 in a three day match?

edit: make that 690 and counting

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Stoked for Hakaraia. From what I saw of him in the HRV Cup a year or two back, he had a really solid technique; just didn't seem suited to T20. So it's good to see him do well in the longer form. And he's done so at a very decent clip, to be fair.
Not at all. Not saying he doesn't have a solid technique, but at least in theory he should be ideally suited to T20. Freakish talent, just look at the highlights of his century...wandering around the crease and just smashing the seamers, across the line, on the up, whatever.

If anyone has the Cricket Almanac from, I think, the 1999/2000 season, they devoted a section to him. He was playing U-18s cricket for Waitakere and had an extraordinary season of making centuries at a 200+ strike-rate, which I believe included a triple-century in a single afternoon.

He's probably the classic example of a slightly unconventional but entirely obvious talent (Polynesian, not from a private school, perhaps not totally devoted to cricket, not mates with the selectors...) who hasn't been utilised and perhaps hasn't done himself any favours.

Mike5181

International Captain
Has he had a few injuries or something? Seems strange he's only just started FC at the age of 29 if he was doing those things at a young age, even if he wasn't completely devoted to the sport.