• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Fuller playing this Plunket shield round for Otago? The ODT article a week or do ago said he was only available for HRV, it being his off-season and all. Will look forward to watching on the vault later, as I really like the look of what I saw of him in HRV. Shame he is committed to county career/ England.

Duffy being rested? Probably a smart move, has played a lot so far this year.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
One of the most pivotal rounds in PS of recent times, you'd think. Central vs Canterbury should be fascinating.

Just thought 'ooh I could get down to the Oval and watch a Ryder innings, could be good value'. And he's out.

Edit: could get a live look at Ronchi, though...

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If Carl Cachopa scores another century I'm going to bracket him with Ryder in my side, short ball bunny and crappy Canterbury attack or not :ph34r:

Great that Plunket Shield has started again so I can get that kneejerk going again.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
So Jesse's first attempt to build an innings started with a 4 first ball, then got bowled by Soper who's really a pretty average 125k left-armer. Advantage Bahnz.

Stags being eerie old-fashioned Stags. Put a bit on them at 1.65 for this round, Jarvis a bit of an underrated Plunket gun tbf.

Flem274*

123/5
Taylor listed at 5 lol. We're probably the only FC side who could justify that.

He must be licking his lips provided today isn't a random Ellis 6fer day. I hope Johnston does well. I like watching him bowl.

I haven't seen much of McEwan in the vault. What's his bowling like?

Jarvis playing! Love me some Jarvis.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Good to see Brodie back in action. Really liking the look of this Wellington side. Just needs a bit of Jimmeh and we're all good.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Brodie back in action. Really liking the look of this Wellington side. Just needs a bit of Jimmeh and we're all good.
Does look good actually. Absence of Jimmy and Elliott means Wellington haven't been tempted into picking 7 allrounders for a change. Plus like the looks of Kuggle, 2gaga and Gillespie as the main three seamers - didn't know Gillespie was fit.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah very happy with our attack at the moment. Reckon Tugs offers something at this level and will do well for Wellington over the years.

Kuggs will probably be a Black Cap if he gets a bit quicker. Gillespie is as always the random shunt/gun he has always been.

Houghton looks in a bit of form from the HRV cup, so is hopefully still confident.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't know it was Verma's FC debut. Five-fer - awesome. (edit: seems he filled in for someone in a previous FC match and bowled 4 overs)

Waiting for someone to score 50 so I can proclaim them the saviour of NZ cricket, but ****, 12 wickets have fallen and the top score is still 35*. Noone wants to save NZ cricket :laugh:

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
McCone 4 testz! obvz

Wasn't Verma getting smacked around in the A tournament the other week? Pretty good turnaround for him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone that's supposed to be scoring runs is failing and instead Dusan Hakaraia on FC debut is first to pass 50

Mike5181

International Captain
Ryder, Taylor, and Ronchi all fail with the bat. Raval, Hakaraia, and Murdoch seem to be playing alright though.