• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great fielders in each fielding position

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Eknath Solcar best at short leg bar none....Kapil Dev best outfielder had a gun throw ...Rahul Dravid one of the best slip fielder..Where is Colin Bland, Derek Randall ?

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Roger Harper anywhere, Collingwood MBE at gully, Inzi might have been a donkey but had a gun left arm from outfield, Stephen Fleming at slips, Jimmy Anderson better close-up fielder for a bowler

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Roger Harper anywhere, Collingwood MBE at gully, Inzi might have been a donkey but had a gun left arm from outfield, Stephen Fleming at slips, Jimmy Anderson better close-up fielder for a bowler
Harper yes and Collingwood yes, but there is NO WAY you'd mention Inzi in a thread on great fielders.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Take out Border and put Boony into a bat pad.
That catch of Azhar 1992 some catch..by the way i remember reading that Border is supposed to have introduced Boon to the SL position by saying "I cannot hide you anywhere"..Gus Logie,Akash Chopra were awesome as well

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Geoff Marsh in the gully was superior to Steve Waugh.

I rate Steve Smith as a fielder very highly, but still way too early to give him a spot.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Geoff Marsh in the gully was superior to Steve Waugh.

I rate Steve Smith as a fielder very highly, but still way too early to give him a spot.
Yes Marsh was excellent in the gully, and Collingwood was ATG everywhere, especially at backward point/gully.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Graeme Hick was an excellent slipper

Mark Ramprakash and David Gower in the covers

A generation before I was also fascinated by Kent's Alan Ealham - didn't look much like as athlete but was very mobile in the outfield and had the most consistently accurate and flat throw from the deep that I have ever seen

bagapath

International Captain
first slip: mark taylor
second slip: clive lloyd (viv richards)
third slip: mark waugh (richie richardson)
gully: joel garner
short leg: gus logie
cover: ricky ponting
mid on: ab de villiers (azharuddin)
mid off: muralitharan (symonds)
deep fine leg: malcolm marshall
wk: ian healy

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With 3 slips put your worst at second? (not best hands nor most athletic?)
Well not necessarily because more catches will be coming through second than third and the priority always has to be holding the catches you can get a hand on.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that the most catches go to second slip regardless, as most keepers have license to gor for most borderline catches btwn him and first.

Last edited: