• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Salman Butt released early from prison

Stapel

International Regular
Butt wants a re-trial because there was no evidence against him.
Butt stated the follwing:
I am here in front of you people, facing the media, to clear my name and to give my viewpoint as I had no part to play in the spot-fixing case. I just want to prove a point that both Mohammad Amir and Mazhar Majeed struck a deal of their own.
Obviously, when someone tries to do some spot-fixing, he does need both the captain and the bowler to make things work.

So why is it that mr Butt keeps claiming he's innocent?

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So why is it that mr Butt keeps claiming he's innocent?
I may be being a little harsh here but I can't help thinking that as he can't earn a living from playing cricket at the moment, that he intends to do so by selling interviews and then an autobiography, and that his soundbites like that are just his attempts at pushing up the price