• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your fav. Batsman/Bowler of all time

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dominic said:
Batsman: Rikki Clarke
Bowler: Rikki Clarke

The next Ian Botham!!!
Good for you, mate.
When I first saw 'Dominic' as your userid, I thought that Corky had joined Cricket Web.
Now I realise that you are actually Brad Cheaty-Hodge, who was so taken by Rikki after his single-handed destruction of Leicestershire (for a bit) last season.

Welcome aboard.

It was 6.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Favourite Bowler - Allan Donald

Favourite Batsman - Allan Donald

You get the message :D

And dont reply with a message saying something along the lines of "Run!"

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Batsman: SRT (I never got to watch Viv Richards but from the raw power that I've seen in his highlights, I think he would have been my all-time favourite.)

Bowlers: Warne & Akram.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What, I wonder, if we said "cut out those who didn't play international cricket in the last 4 years"?
That would cut some of the crap listed here, all right.
Amazing, also, that it's "all time", not "that you've ever seen".
For me, the two categories:
All-time, Marshall and George Headley.
That I've ever seen, Graeme Smith and Alec Stewart, equal exactly, and Dominic Cork very closely followed by Allan Donald.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's personal favourite. Of course it's going to be based on recent players, since you can't have a favourite if you've not seen him. :rolleyes:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
It's personal favourite. Of course it's going to be based on recent players, since you can't have a favourite if you've not seen him. :rolleyes:
Exactly, as can be shown by the first poster's favourite bowler. I know of only one who think he's the best bowler in the world :P

Bouncer

State Regular
from the cricketers that i have watched playing live
Batsmen: Lara/ Sachin/ De-silva/ Mark waugh
(others: Saeed, Gibbs, Richardson, Azhar-U-deen,
Jayasauria, dean jones, Michael Atherton, Slater, Inzimam (when he plays well he is awsome))

Bowler : "Waqar Younis" Period

(others: Wasim, Donald, Shoaib, Lee, Mcgrath)

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
What, I wonder, if we said "cut out those who didn't play international cricket in the last 4 years"?
That would cut some of the crap listed here, all right.
Amazing, also, that it's "all time", not "that you've ever seen".
For me, the two categories:
All-time, Marshall and George Headley.
That I've ever seen, Graeme Smith and Alec Stewart, equal exactly, and Dominic Cork very closely followed by Allan Donald.
Are you not allowed to like players if they're "crap" now?

Thought police, is it?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
What if we said "cut out those who DID play in the last 4 years"?

I'm sticking with Graeme Pollock and Mikey - they're my all-time favourites (which is what this thread was about).

My favourites over the last 4 are SRT or BCL and Corky (ignoring last season's crass stupidity)