• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers whose game styles and techniques you like but personalities you dislike.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
AB? He seems to have a outgoing image, but never has struck me as someone to dislike overly.

Stapel

International Regular
I've never liked Ponting's behaviour during the fourth Test in 2005. He was having a go at England's use of 12th men, after he was run out by Jones' substitute. As a matter of fact, Simon Jones was really injured and never returned to Test level ever again.....

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Zaheer Khan.

I just can't stand the bloke. The guy just comes off as way too ****y for a player who was pretty average for the first half of his career. Always seems to be mouthing off to the batsmen as well, I know many fast bowlers also engage in the act but when Khan does it, it really does annoy me.

Definitely admire his ability to consistently swing the ball both ways with such control though. He also happens to be a very crafty and thinking fast bowler which is a big plus for me.
He's definitely a bit of a prima donna. Haven't known the younger quicks in the team to say anything positive about him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He's definitely a bit of a prima donna. Haven't known the younger quicks in the team to say anything positive about him.
He is not the most likeable character, but that isn't true tbf. Just a couple of examples -

Zaheer Khan's tips helped me bowl better in second innings: Ishant Sharma - Cricjoy.com - Lets celebrate Cricket

Ishant Sharma says Zaheer Khan helped him regain form ~ INTCRIC.COM

He is the leader of the attack when fit, and helps all the other bowlers with tips,planning and even field placements.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Graeme Smith, I love gritty lefthanders but he is just a ****.
Ricky Ponting, too quick to have a hissy fit if things went against him.
Shahid Afridi. Good cricketer but a doombrain.