Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian off season domestic 2012/13

International Vice-Captain

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Plenty of rumours,half the Blues team walking out.

A few retirements at the WACA.(Knowles and Cameron)
    Luke Ronchi a Kiwi,even scored a 100 for wellington.

Redbacks Looking to buy a team.

Maybe even a few comebacks,Brendon Nash has turned his back on the West Indies to be a Kolpak,maybe a Shield comeback.

Anyway i will let you all fill in the dots,or may do it later.
    Last edited by brockley; 20-03-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    nash to be SA captain imo
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

With the smaller contract lists, it's going to be interesting to see how much movement goes by players without contracts.

Stephen O'Keefe - take the c off him ffs
    Doug Bollinger - keeper
    Beau Casson - dead i'm afraid
    Stuart Clark - what a waste of money
    Michael Clarke - huh
    Burt Cockley - keeper if he wants to
    Trent Copeland - keeper
    Patrick Cummins - oh he might play for us
    Brad Haddin - if he loses his ca contract should retire. or play for WA
    Nathan Hauritz - will probably end up staying 'cause every team will keep their young spinner who CA likes...or retire cause he cbf
    Josh Hazlewood - keeper
    Moises Henriques - keeper
    Philip Hughes - keeper, but if he wants to leave i'm cool with it
    Phil Jaques - plenty of other teams need an opener tbf
    Simon Katich - don't be a WAnker
    Usman Khawaja - see hughes
    Brett Lee - bah
    Nic Maddinson - **** off PONI.
    Peter Nevill - make captain
    Ben Rohrer - keeper
    Steven Smith - make VC
    Mitchell Starc - keeper
    David Warner - uh
    Shane Watson - fa
    Rookie List
    Sean Abbott - nah
    Nic Bills - maybe
    Nathan Brain - probably not
    Timm Van Der Gugten - def not
    Adam Zampa - possibly

I really think that NSW need to offload at least one or two PONIs to other states. Hauritz in particular needs to think about his place in Australian cricket. He's undoubtedly one of the best spinners in Australia, but is behind O'Keefe in NSW because of the (c). Boyce has pretty much been locked in as QLD's spinner for years to come, so Hauritz will have to think about one of the other states. South Australia might be a good bet for him as they could really use someone who can both bat and bowl.

QLD need to seriously look at importing a replacement for Forrest, if Forrest is going to be picking up a national contract and in and out of the Australian squad.

Some of the QLD quicks should look at moving to other states. Swan, Feldman, Cutting, Harris, McDermott, Magoffin and Walter are all too good to have half of them miss out on a place in every game. Right now you'd have to say that the top four of those are Harris, Magoffin, McDermott and Cutting, so perhaps two of Feldman, Swan and Walter could look towards other states.

Batting stocks are thin around the country at the moment, so if we were to get overseas players, I'd suggest batsmen for all the states. Tasmania probably will have the best regular/semi-regular shield batting lineup with Cowan and Ponting available for half the season. NSW will probably lose a few of their potential players, but that should help free them up to pick some of their form grade batsmen.

Player movements I think will be interesting, as will the form of some of the players going into next season. Lynn has had a shocker this season, but I expect that is just the second season blues. Hopefully Maddinson and Hughes can both have good seasons next season. I really hope that Jaques makes a zillion runs in county and then decides to unretire and play for QLD (I really like Jaques and think he's incredibly unlucky, in a similar way to Martin Love).

Spikey mate, you only need 1 or at most 2 keepers in your squad. :P

I doubt the Sheffield Shield winning QLD team will need to do many trades particularly with such a fantastic bowling attack at their disposal. It would handy I suppose to gain an opening bat with a solid technique from one of the other states, but I doubt the 3 or 4 who fit that category will make the move.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    I really think that NSW need to offload at least one or two PONIs to other states. Hauritz in particular needs to think about his place in Australian cricket. He's undoubtedly one of the best spinners in Australia, but is behind O'Keefe in NSW because of the (c). Boyce has pretty much been locked in as QLD's spinner for years to come, so Hauritz will have to think about one of the other states. South Australia might be a good bet for him as they could really use someone who can both bat and bowl.

I agree with this, but:

WA - Beer
    SA - Lyon
    QLD - Boyce
    TAS - Doherty
    VIC - Holland
    NSW - SOK

Now I happen to think Hauritz is better than most of that list...but I don't see Hauritz displacing any of those bar SOK if he loses the C. It's a really odd spot he's in.

Related: Blastabout - Blast About Pressure Cleaning What a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Spikey mate, you only need 1 or at most 2 keepers in your squad. :P

I doubt the Sheffield Shield winning QLD team will need to do many trades particularly with such a fantastic bowling attack at their disposal. It would handy I suppose to gain an opening bat with a solid technique from one of the other states, but I doubt the 3 or 4 who fit that category will make the move.
    You'll probably lose some back-up seamers. And you def need a batsman or two (hence the Usman talk)

QLD need to seriously look at importing a replacement for Forrest, if Forrest is going to be picking up a national contract and in and out of the Australian squad.

Some of the QLD quicks should look at moving to other states. Swan, Feldman, Cutting, Harris, McDermott, Magoffin and Walter are all too good to have half of them miss out on a place in every game. Right now you'd have to say that the top four of those are Harris, Magoffin, McDermott and Cutting, so perhaps two of Feldman, Swan and Walter could look towards other states.

Batting stocks are thin around the country at the moment, so if we were to get overseas players, I'd suggest batsmen for all the states. Tasmania probably will have the best regular/semi-regular shield batting lineup with Cowan and Ponting available for half the season. NSW will probably lose a few of their potential players, but that should help free them up to pick some of their form grade batsmen.

Player movements I think will be interesting, as will the form of some of the players going into next season. Lynn has had a shocker this season, but I expect that is just the second season blues. Hopefully Maddinson and Hughes can both have good seasons next season. I really hope that Jaques makes a zillion runs in county and then decides to unretire and play for QLD (I really like Jaques and think he's incredibly unlucky, in a similar way to Martin Love).
    With Magoffin and Swan's age, you'll be looking to keep a hold on them. Reckon Gannon might go though.

Heard quite a few months ago now that Hughes was looking into playing for Queensland. This was before any talk of him moving surfaced at all.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

FTP is ITSTL. I don't think tassie will see Cowan and Ponting much

T20 WC - From mid Sept to early Oct it seems
    Champions League: Straight after the T20 WC, to the end of OCT (Very ITSTL)
    Three tests against SA in Aus from the start of November til early-mid December
    Three tests, 5 ODI's and 2 T20I's against Sri Lanka from Boxing Day (i guess) to the end of Feb (eg through the BigBash)
    5 ODI's against WI at the start of Feb
    4 Tests against India in India from about Middle Feb til the end of March

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO..._2011_2020.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    With Magoffin and Swan's age, you'll be looking to keep a hold on them. Reckon Gannon might go though.
    Gale as well might think about moving too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Heard quite a few months ago now that Hughes was looking into playing for Queensland. This was before any talk of him moving surfaced at all.
    Yeah some guy said that on here a couple of weeks back too. and of course there was that weird article linking to VIC, one of the only teams that doesn't need an opener

Gale as well might think about moving too.
    Lives there for health reasons doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I agree with this, but:

WA - Beer
    SA - Lyon
    QLD - Boyce
    TAS - Doherty
    VIC - Holland
    NSW - SOK

Now I happen to think Hauritz is better than most of that list...but I don't see Hauritz displacing any of those bar SOK if he loses the C. It's a really odd spot he's in.

Related: Blastabout - Blast About Pressure Cleaning What a guy.

You'll probably lose some back-up seamers. And you def need a batsman or two (hence the Usman talk)
    I think that a move to either VIC or SA would be the best one for Hauritz. SA could always play two spinners, given they play most of their games on the Adelaide oval. I also expect Lyon to be playing for Australia a lot more. The extra batting that Hauritz would bring would help SA a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Yeah some guy said that on here a couple of weeks back too. and of course there was that weird article linking to VIC, one of the only teams that doesn't need an opener

Lives there for health reasons doesn't he?
    Lots of people live at the Sunshine Coast for "health reasons".

In all seriousness I don't know much about Gale, except that he's quite a decent bowler.

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information