• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
Plenty of rumours,half the Blues team walking out.

A few retirements at the WACA.(Knowles and Cameron)
Luke Ronchi a Kiwi,even scored a 100 for wellington.

Redbacks Looking to buy a team.

Maybe even a few comebacks,Brendon Nash has turned his back on the West Indies to be a Kolpak,maybe a Shield comeback.

Anyway i will let you all fill in the dots,or may do it later.:p

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
With the smaller contract lists, it's going to be interesting to see how much movement goes by players without contracts.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stephen O'Keefe - take the c off him ffs
Doug Bollinger - keeper
Beau Casson - dead i'm afraid
Stuart Clark - what a waste of money
Michael Clarke - huh
Burt ****ley - keeper if he wants to
Trent Copeland - keeper
Patrick Cummins - oh he might play for us
Brad Haddin - if he loses his ca contract should retire. or play for WA
Nathan Hauritz - will probably end up staying 'cause every team will keep their young spinner who CA likes...or retire cause he cbf
Josh Hazlewood - keeper
Moises Henriques - keeper
Philip Hughes - keeper, but if he wants to leave i'm cool with it
Phil Jaques - plenty of other teams need an opener tbf
Simon Katich - don't be a WAnker
Usman Khawaja - see hughes
Brett Lee - bah
Nic Maddinson - **** off PONI.
Peter Nevill - make captain
Ben Rohrer - keeper
Steven Smith - make VC
Mitchell Starc - keeper
David Warner - uh
Shane Watson - fa
Rookie List
Sean Abbott - nah
Nic Bills - maybe
Nathan Brain - probably not
Timm Van Der Gugten - def not
Adam Zampa - possibly

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really think that NSW need to offload at least one or two PONIs to other states. Hauritz in particular needs to think about his place in Australian cricket. He's undoubtedly one of the best spinners in Australia, but is behind O'Keefe in NSW because of the (c). Boyce has pretty much been locked in as QLD's spinner for years to come, so Hauritz will have to think about one of the other states. South Australia might be a good bet for him as they could really use someone who can both bat and bowl.

QLD need to seriously look at importing a replacement for Forrest, if Forrest is going to be picking up a national contract and in and out of the Australian squad.

Some of the QLD quicks should look at moving to other states. Swan, Feldman, Cutting, Harris, McDermott, Magoffin and Walter are all too good to have half of them miss out on a place in every game. Right now you'd have to say that the top four of those are Harris, Magoffin, McDermott and Cutting, so perhaps two of Feldman, Swan and Walter could look towards other states.

Batting stocks are thin around the country at the moment, so if we were to get overseas players, I'd suggest batsmen for all the states. Tasmania probably will have the best regular/semi-regular shield batting lineup with Cowan and Ponting available for half the season. NSW will probably lose a few of their potential players, but that should help free them up to pick some of their form grade batsmen.

Player movements I think will be interesting, as will the form of some of the players going into next season. Lynn has had a shocker this season, but I expect that is just the second season blues. Hopefully Maddinson and Hughes can both have good seasons next season. I really hope that Jaques makes a zillion runs in county and then decides to unretire and play for QLD (I really like Jaques and think he's incredibly unlucky, in a similar way to Martin Love).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Spikey mate, you only need 1 or at most 2 keepers in your squad. :P

I doubt the Sheffield Shield winning QLD team will need to do many trades particularly with such a fantastic bowling attack at their disposal. It would handy I suppose to gain an opening bat with a solid technique from one of the other states, but I doubt the 3 or 4 who fit that category will make the move.

Spikey

I really think that NSW need to offload at least one or two PONIs to other states. Hauritz in particular needs to think about his place in Australian cricket. He's undoubtedly one of the best spinners in Australia, but is behind O'Keefe in NSW because of the (c). Boyce has pretty much been locked in as QLD's spinner for years to come, so Hauritz will have to think about one of the other states. South Australia might be a good bet for him as they could really use someone who can both bat and bowl.

I agree with this, but:

WA - Beer
SA - Lyon
QLD - Boyce
TAS - Doherty
VIC - Holland
NSW - SOK

Now I happen to think Hauritz is better than most of that list...but I don't see Hauritz displacing any of those bar SOK if he loses the C. It's a really odd spot he's in.

Related: Blastabout - Blast About Pressure Cleaning What a guy.

Spikey mate, you only need 1 or at most 2 keepers in your squad. :P

I doubt the Sheffield Shield winning QLD team will need to do many trades particularly with such a fantastic bowling attack at their disposal. It would handy I suppose to gain an opening bat with a solid technique from one of the other states, but I doubt the 3 or 4 who fit that category will make the move.
You'll probably lose some back-up seamers. And you def need a batsman or two (hence the Usman talk)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

QLD need to seriously look at importing a replacement for Forrest, if Forrest is going to be picking up a national contract and in and out of the Australian squad.

Some of the QLD quicks should look at moving to other states. Swan, Feldman, Cutting, Harris, McDermott, Magoffin and Walter are all too good to have half of them miss out on a place in every game. Right now you'd have to say that the top four of those are Harris, Magoffin, McDermott and Cutting, so perhaps two of Feldman, Swan and Walter could look towards other states.

Batting stocks are thin around the country at the moment, so if we were to get overseas players, I'd suggest batsmen for all the states. Tasmania probably will have the best regular/semi-regular shield batting lineup with Cowan and Ponting available for half the season. NSW will probably lose a few of their potential players, but that should help free them up to pick some of their form grade batsmen.

Player movements I think will be interesting, as will the form of some of the players going into next season. Lynn has had a shocker this season, but I expect that is just the second season blues. Hopefully Maddinson and Hughes can both have good seasons next season. I really hope that Jaques makes a zillion runs in county and then decides to unretire and play for QLD (I really like Jaques and think he's incredibly unlucky, in a similar way to Martin Love).
With Magoffin and Swan's age, you'll be looking to keep a hold on them. Reckon Gannon might go though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Heard quite a few months ago now that Hughes was looking into playing for Queensland. This was before any talk of him moving surfaced at all.

Spikey

FTP is ITSTL. I don't think tassie will see Cowan and Ponting much

T20 WC - From mid Sept to early Oct it seems
Champions League: Straight after the T20 WC, to the end of OCT (Very ITSTL)
Three tests against SA in Aus from the start of November til early-mid December
Three tests, 5 ODI's and 2 T20I's against Sri Lanka from Boxing Day (i guess) to the end of Feb (eg through the BigBash)
5 ODI's against WI at the start of Feb
4 Tests against India in India from about Middle Feb til the end of March

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/0045/ftp_2011_2020.pdf

Spikey

Heard quite a few months ago now that Hughes was looking into playing for Queensland. This was before any talk of him moving surfaced at all.
Yeah some guy said that on here a couple of weeks back too. and of course there was that weird article linking to VIC, one of the only teams that doesn't need an opener

Gale as well might think about moving too.
Lives there for health reasons doesn't he?

stephen

I agree with this, but:

WA - Beer
SA - Lyon
QLD - Boyce
TAS - Doherty
VIC - Holland
NSW - SOK

Now I happen to think Hauritz is better than most of that list...but I don't see Hauritz displacing any of those bar SOK if he loses the C. It's a really odd spot he's in.

Related: Blastabout - Blast About Pressure Cleaning What a guy.

You'll probably lose some back-up seamers. And you def need a batsman or two (hence the Usman talk)
I think that a move to either VIC or SA would be the best one for Hauritz. SA could always play two spinners, given they play most of their games on the Adelaide oval. I also expect Lyon to be playing for Australia a lot more. The extra batting that Hauritz would bring would help SA a lot as well.

stephen

Yeah some guy said that on here a couple of weeks back too. and of course there was that weird article linking to VIC, one of the only teams that doesn't need an opener

Lives there for health reasons doesn't he?
Lots of people live at the Sunshine Coast for "health reasons".

In all seriousness I don't know much about Gale, except that he's quite a decent bowler.

Andre

International Regular
Yeah I floated this a little while back, I've got some pretty good mail on it and he's almost certain to be in Brisbane next summer.

Spikey

I think that a move to either VIC or SA would be the best one for Hauritz. SA could always play two spinners, given they play most of their games on the Adelaide oval. I also expect Lyon to be playing for Australia a lot more. The extra batting that Hauritz would bring would help SA a lot as well.

Given how much time Vic has put in Holland I don't see them discarding him after actually putting in a couple of good performances finally. So yeah I guess SA is the only other option. Or not taking a contract, and becoming a T20 pro. But really, the more I think about it he might hang around in NSW, and back SOK to lose the C. And maybe go play for the team that loses their spinner who will be in India at the backend of the season (which could be QLD if Boyce has a decent season up 'til that point)

SA will probably sign Krejza or something stupid anyway

Lots of people live at the Sunshine Coast for "health reasons".

In all seriousness I don't know much about Gale, except that he's quite a decent bowler.

I think it was to do with his wife or something. Vic_oxthdox has talked about it a bit so he'll inform us. I think.

Spikey

WA next season:

Davis
Katich (if they can move him from 4....)
Marsh
North
Voges
Marsh
????
MJ (hell MJ might bat at 7)
Beer
NCN
Hogan

jesus christ.

Spikey

so anyway, which sydney grade bowler will tassie make a star of next season

Jager

International Debutant
I could probably do some digging around if you wanted info on Gale, he is the cousin of one of my friends and they are quite close