• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gale as well might think about moving too.
I'd be surprised. Moved up there for family reasons in the first place; something to do with his missus, and his own parents are in QLD now too. He got a job and everything up there, and just happened that his cricket took off. Was a really promising player who got cut down by injuries a lot in Victoria.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am surprised it took Brockley this long to open the off-season thread tbh :ph34r:

Spikey

James Hopes (capt) - keeper
Cameron Boyce - keeper
Ryan Broad - might have to stick around
Joe Burns - keeper
Ben Cutting - keeper
Ben Dunk - might try to get the shield spot in SA or WA, maybe Vic too
Luke Feldman - might go tassie or something
Jason Floros - meh
Peter Forrest - keeper
Ryan Harris - keeper.that talk of him going back to SA seems absurd
Chris Hartley - keeper
Chris Lynn - keeper
Alister McDermott - keeper
Michael Neser - keeper
Nathan Reardon - uh an OD keeper i guess
Andrew Robinson - might have to stick around
Chris Swan - see feldman
Scott Walter- see feldman

Don't know where Townsend is, but he sticks around. Gale and Magoffin get contracts. Steve
Paulsen probably doesn't. and then the rookies

Corey Barsby
Nick Buchanan
Cameron Gannon
Alex Kemp
James Peirson
Nick Stevens

Dan Christan doesn't seem so certain to move btw

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They've got a serious list, QLD, if they can add another top order batsman or too. They have huge wraps on Buchanan, the kid is bloody enormous and just pounds the bat without putting any effort in. Barsby's kid is class as well.

Spikey

Assuming they do grab one of Usman/Hughes, I guess the only other problem is if they lose Dunk and so who the OD keeper is.....yeah a massive problem

Victoria are probably gonna lose a batsman yeah? Like, here's a team off the top of my head:

1. Quiney
2. Rogers - might retire I guess
3. Dussey - should play most of the season.
4. White - ahahahahah
5. McDonald
6. Maxwell - these two maybe one spot too high
7. Carters, or Handscomb?
8. Hastings
9. McKay
10. Herrick
11. Holland

So Hill, Finch, maybe Handscomb are all on the sidelines and you'd think other teams would want all of them

benchmark00

Stephen O'Keefe - take the c off him ffs
Doug Bollinger - keeper
Beau Casson - dead i'm afraid
Stuart Clark - what a waste of money
Michael Clarke - huh
Burt ****ley - keeper if he wants to
Trent Copeland - keeper
Patrick Cummins - oh he might play for us
Brad Haddin - if he loses his ca contract should retire. or play for WA
Nathan Hauritz - will probably end up staying 'cause every team will keep their young spinner who CA likes...or retire cause he cbf
Josh Hazlewood - keeper
Moises Henriques - keeper
Philip Hughes - keeper, but if he wants to leave i'm cool with it
Phil Jaques - plenty of other teams need an opener tbf
Simon Katich - don't be a WAnker
Usman Khawaja - see hughes
Brett Lee - bah
Nic Maddinson - **** off PONI.
Peter Nevill - make captain
Ben Rohrer - keeper
Steven Smith - make VC
Mitchell Starc - keeper
David Warner - uh
Shane Watson - fa
Rookie List
Sean Abbott - nah
Nic Bills - maybe
Nathan Brain - probably not
Timm Van Der Gugten - def not
Adam Zampa - possibly
You've picked too many wicket keepers in that list. Might be short on bowling imo.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Assuming they do grab one of Usman/Hughes, I guess the only other problem is if they lose Dunk and so who the OD keeper is.....yeah a massive problem

Victoria are probably gonna lose a batsman yeah? Like, here's a team off the top of my head:

1. Quiney
2. Rogers - might retire I guess
3. Dussey - should play most of the season.
4. White - ahahahahah
5. McDonald
6. Maxwell - these two maybe one spot too high
7. Carters, or Handscomb?
8. Hastings
9. McKay
10. Herrick
11. Holland

So Hill, Finch, maybe Handscomb are all on the sidelines and you'd think other teams would want all of them
They'll (QLD) back Hartley in at 7, or even give the kid a go down the order, don't think they'd be all that fussed.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the heat put on Rogers, they have to start fitting in Handscomb. Don't know what the story will be with Hill, been injured for most of the year, but has got a few 2nd XI runs towards the end of the season. They've invested so much into him though.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
they'd better groom hill into a future test star, i met him and adam crosthwaite when i helped out with one of those milo clinics, hill was a decent guy, actually had something to say, crosthwaite was a quiet ****

Spikey

You've picked too many wicket keepers in that list. Might be short on bowling imo.
nufan already said it dumbarse

Wouldn't be surprised to see the heat put on Rogers, they have to start fitting in Handscomb. Don't know what the story will be with Hill, been injured for most of the year, but has got a few 2nd XI runs towards the end of the season. They've invested so much into him though.

yeah i can see heat being put on rogers (sadly) but I would have thought to get Hill in there? Handscomb isn't an opener (although most openers weren't openers....)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I can't blame Hughes or Khawaja for wanting to move up north to the Shield champions. Darren Lehmann has got to be a perfect coach especially for left handed batsman. Seriously you would have to think he's better than a certain LH opening bat who's 'helping' Australia.

Oh and Benchy, how original.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nufan already said it dumbarse

yeah i can see heat being put on rogers (sadly) but I would have thought to get Hill in there? Handscomb isn't an opener (although most openers weren't openers....)
Handscomb actually is an opener; always has been to my knowledge. Hill on the other hand was just stuck up there by Victoria despite originally being a number 3 or 4.

Spikey

good work spikey

Seriously you would have to think he's better than a certain LH opening bat who's 'helping' Australia.

Oh and Benchy, how original.

phil hughes would be a better batting coach than Justin Langer

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Any word on Luke Pomersbach?

Western Australia may still retain him, however he could slot into several lineups in this country if he decides to return next season.

Played grade cricket in Brisbane this year correct?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Finch is a key player in the shorter formats. I honestly think Aaron Finch has a place in one of the six Shield team, but if he doesn't move states, he'll need a storming start to the year in Grade Cricket to be given an opportunity.

Spikey

Played grade cricket in Brisbane this year correct?
I'm not sure if he played, but yeah he was said to have moved there (Luke Pomersbach leaves WA | Domestic Cricket | Fox Sports)

Impossible for us to know if he's sorted himself out, but he'd walk into the team if he has

The nice thing about the BigBash is that Victoria won't have to consider his T20 awesone-ness if Finch is like "hey I'd think it'd be best for me to **** off to SA. Release me please?".

Spikey

So to sum it up:

NSW, VIC = Sellers
QLD = Bit of each
WA, TAS, SA = Buyers

Of course, no money is being exchanged in these player transfers....as far as we know

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
So to sum it up:

NSW, VIC = Sellers
QLD = Bit of each
WA, TAS, SA = Buyers

Of course, no money is being exchanged in these player transfers....as far as we know
Fair call. Hardly a shock given NSW and Victoria are the two largest states.