• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats your Fav. Shot?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The wild swish in the general direction of long-on

(usually followed by the sound of furniture being re-arranged)

deeps

International 12th Man
definately the cover drive! played with tendulkars touch... The square cut is another favouirite shot,as is the pull....but definately the cover drive is the most favourite,and it's beautiful to watch

Craig

World Traveller
When leggies drop the ball short or around knee height (I'm 6ft 2'), I rock back onto the back foot and play a good pull shot. I'm serve on that.

I usually tend to cut a lot.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i have 2:
the late cut in the air over gully/slips off a left arm quickie when he drops it short.

As well as the off drive over mid off, off an off spinner

* i think i just broke the world record for saying "off" more times than anyone else in a sentence*

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
I dont play circket anymore, and even when I did I was a bowler, and when batting just would hit the ball as hard as I could, not much of a stroke-maker.

Still, to watch, I think the cover drive played on the up, by a left hander is quite elegant.

And even though I would never advice them if I were a batting coach, I loved the wristy shots Azhar played on the on-side. The would be on the off stump and he would just use his wrists to play it on the on. Very unqiue and elegant.

Any shot improvised by Michael Clarke - magical footwork

Such as the ripper he played the other day against India. Gave himself some space and swatted the ball to the Long On boundary. Brilliant.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When I'm in form (which is not all that often) the on-drive is my best shot. Otherwise I'm a compulsive puller!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
my best shot is the Square Cut and i play it often, the standard of my oppostion isnt exactly high IMO.

But i still remember when i played the ***iest cover drive ever, to bring up my first ever 100. 8D

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
Man, you guys sound like technical wizards at cricket!:P I am unable to play any shot which can be designated a cricketing name. My standard shot is the aerial smash down the ground which usually ends in me being caught out. I want to be able to play a proper cut and pull shots.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
LankanPrince said:
Man, you guys sound like technical wizards at cricket!:P I am unable to play any shot which can be designated a cricketing name. My standard shot is the aerial smash down the ground which usually ends in me being caught out. I want to be able to play a proper cut and pull shots.
You just need a lot, and I mean a lot of practice.

You get there in the end :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My favourite shot is the pull, closely followed by the on-drive through mid-wicket of a just-leg-side ball, closely followed by the off-drive off the back-foot, closely followed by the same shot off the front-foot.