• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Will trade Gayle if Im able to get a better batting lineup, but looks tough atm.. :wacko:
From the look of the last tour - you could either use an opener or a middle order bat.

I would like to say though that he shouldn't come at full price because your board is refusing to play him. Therefore how about McCullum straight up for him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Depends on the quality of player your willing to offer. My biggest problem atm is the tendency for my batting order to collapse. Any of Trott, Pietersen, Cook or Bell would be ideal. Would also consider Prior.
Vettori has lots of experience stopping collapses.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone with a lower standard side - I've got the likes of Shah, Bopara, Panesar, Patel etc. who I'm willing to trade. Maybe a bundle trade for one of your better players? Ganeshran? NUFAN? Athlai?
I am willing to trade any of my FC players for one of your back up wicketkeepers neither of whom will make your top 14.

Eds

International Debutant
I am willing to trade any of my FC players for one of your back up wicketkeepers neither of whom will make your top 14.
Depending on what the squad of 14 is based on, I could be up for this. If the three backup players are there in order to best cover as many positions as possible, then I'd take a batsman, wicket-keeper and bowler. If it's just based on player quality, then I'd just take the best three players, obviously. Care to shed some light on this?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Your playing XI needs to be a balanced side. Your top 14 should be a regular squad that you would take on tour - so you may well want a back up keeper.

That said you have two good back up keepers and you can't put both in your 14. How do you rank your keepers for England?

Eds

International Debutant
Your playing XI needs to be a balanced side. Your top 14 should be a regular squad that you would take on tour - so you may well want a back up keeper.

That said you have two good back up keepers and you can't put both in your 14. How do you rank your keepers for England?
Alright, cheers. I'll take a backup keeper then. Don't have a strong feeling either way in Davies vs Bairstow so am welcome to offers for either.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Alright, cheers. I'll take a backup keeper then. Don't have a strong feeling either way in Davies vs Bairstow so am welcome to offers for either.
Will give you Andre Adams who has a bowling avg in the low twenties and would make good trade bait for NUFAN and will throw in my fastest bowler Adam Milne who can bowl 150kms.

Interested in Davies.

Eds

International Debutant
Will give you Andre Adams who has a bowling avg in the low twenties and would make good trade bait for NUFAN and will throw in my fastest bowler Adam Milne who can bowl 150kms.

Interested in Davies.
Not sure either would make my 14 rendering the trade useless for me. :p

Only interested in those that would make it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure either would make my 14 rendering the trade useless for me. :p

Only interested in those that would make it.
Pieces of a jigsaw puzzle mate - you can put them into a massive package deal for a Bangers star player. Plus you have 7 trades up your sleeve.

(I don't really have anyone that will make your top 14 apart from Vettori and I don't even know if he would get in there.)

Eds

International Debutant
Pieces of a jigsaw puzzle mate - you can put them into a massive package deal for a Bangers star player. Plus you have 7 trades up your sleeve.

(I don't really have anyone that will make your top 14 apart from Vettori and I don't even know if he would get in there.)
Taylor/Ryder and Vettori would definitely be in contention.

You interested in Bairstow at all? Would do Adams + another reasonable player, for him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@eds

Package deal

Vettori and Adams

for

Katich, Davies, and someone else I can use (make me an offer),

Eds

International Debutant
@eds

Package deal

Vettori and Adams

for

Katich, Davies, and someone else I can use (make me an offer),
Interested in Vettori and Adams individually, but not together. Getting Vettori would defeat the point of me going for Adams (ie. to attempt to get a decent trade together for Shakib). Also, I don't fancy getting rid of Katich, tbh.

Adams + someone = Bairstow

works for me, though.

Eds

International Debutant
Meanwhile, NUFAN, what sort of offer would you be looking for, for Shakib?

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
@ Howe_zat. Not to sure about Hafeez. Would you be willing to trade Azhar Ali?

@Athlai. I'm willing to give you any one of Siddle, Johnson or Cummins for Matthews

@Turbs. Just wondering, is there anyone in my team you'd like for Gambhir?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
As persuasive as you are, I'm not sure.

Considering making an offer of Broad/Tremlett/Bresnan for him, but not sure if it would benefit my squad, considering I've already offloaded Finn (who would've come in to the squad if I did this trade). Will have a think about it and get back to you tomorrow.

Anyone with a lower standard side - I've got the likes of Shah, Bopara, Panesar, Patel etc. who I'm willing to trade. Maybe a bundle trade for one of your better players? Ganeshran? NUFAN? Athlai?
Eds. I understand you probably want Shakib Al Hasan as he might be ideal to fill that number 6 or 7 role for your team ahead of Morgan.

I would trade you my star Shakib for: Tremlett, Bopara and Onions too.

Eds

International Debutant
Eds. I understand you probably want Shakib Al Hasan as he might be ideal to fill that number 6 or 7 role for your team ahead of Morgan.

I would trade you my star Shakib for: Tremlett, Bopara and Onions too.
Indeed I am interested in Shakib, but definitely would need to be less than that. All of the above in serious contention for the squad. Definitely would need a better offer than that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hurricane, what's your teams problem area? Opening bat I suppose?

I'll trade you Tamim for which ever bowler you rate worse out of Martin, Southee, Bracewell and Boult PLUS a middle order bat that isn't likely to make your team (Ryder, Guptill, Williamson, Brownlie)..