Page 509 of 513 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 7692

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

  1. #7621
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    22,953
    Fair point about being overly-pessimistic. Everyone expected OZ to be dominated in SL and they won the series and I doubt anyone thought SA would lose a Test so kudos to the side for that.

    What was good to see was the blokes most under pressure, even though they didn't dominate, still managed to contribute to the win. Genuine team effort.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  2. #7622
    International Debutant adub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Yay, once again we'll paper over the cracks, and not improve one bit.

    Can't believe South Africa lost that. Their mentality is whacked.
    You can see it coming can't you. Three years from now we'll be wondering if the lastest barely adequate performance will be enough to save Ponting, Haddin and Johnson yet again.

  3. #7623
    State Captain Sylvester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,863
    Are we really going to sweep the all out for 47 under the carpet? It's not like that was a flash in the pan either, we have done it on two other occasions in the past 18 months. And deadset Johnson surely can't survive on his batting effort, that would be the biggest load of **** I've ever seen.

  4. #7624
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sitting up straight on the back of a bus
    Posts
    6,159
    Blimey, they won?

    Have fun putting up with Ponting and Johnson for another three years. Especially with a series against us coming up to bring them back into "form".
    Exit pursuing a beer


  5. #7625
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    22,953
    Quote in 2013:

    "I was going to retire after Johannesburg but winning that Test was just the boost I needed to get back into form and bring home the Ashes" said Ricky Ponting after breaking Bradman's 80-year old record for most runs in a series.


  6. #7626
    International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    4,202
    Punter. Love him. And his future quotes.

    Think I might upload some classic SA choke to celebrate today.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

    http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

    http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

  7. #7627
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Quote in 2013:

    "I was going to retire after Johannesburg but winning that Test was just the boost I needed to get back into form and bring home the Ashes" said Ricky Ponting after breaking Bradman's 80-year old record for most runs in a series.

    Cut from the rest of the transcript...

    "It's just a bloody shame we're still picking Phil Hughes to open, and he never once got past eight. Poor bastard keeps waking up in the middle of the night and screaming, "No, Jimmy, No, please take Watto instead." Then of course Watto gets scared and asks if he can come and sleep on the sofa in Clarkey's room... frankly it's a good job I can't get up the stairs any more, it's no surprise we didn't win a Test as those boys barely get any shut-eye at night..."
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  8. #7628
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Cut from the rest of the transcript...

    "It's just a bloody shame we're still picking Phil Hughes to open, and he never once got past eight. Poor bastard keeps waking up in the middle of the night and screaming, "No, Jimmy, No, please take Watto instead." Then of course Watto gets scared and asks if he can come and sleep on the sofa in Clarkey's room... frankly it's a good job I can't get up the stairs any more, it's no surprise we didn't win a Test as those boys barely get any shut-eye at night..."
    Would have been a much better post if T_C hadn't included the phrase "bring home the Ashes" in the original quote...
    ~ Cribbage

  9. #7629
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    22,953
    :Klaus:

  10. #7630
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Quote in 2013:

    "I was going to retire after Johannesburg but winning that Test was just the boost I needed to get back into form and bring home the Ashes" said Ricky Ponting after breaking Bradman's 80-year old record for most runs in a series.

    Concludes with "It's like I write my own scripts"
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

    - Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

  11. #7631
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Yay, once again we'll paper over the cracks, and not improve one bit.

    Can't believe South Africa lost that. Their mentality is whacked.
    Yeah, that's worrying that the cracks will be papered over.

    Getting rid of Johnson, Ponting and Haddin would improve the team.

    But, after last night, I suspect they will all hold on.

  12. #7632
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Would have been a much better post if T_C hadn't included the phrase "bring home the Ashes" in the original quote...
    Would it be wrong to abuse the "edit post" button in this particular circumstance?

  13. #7633
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    22,953
    Would make baby Hitler cry.

  14. #7634
    International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    4,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I call interview fixing. Clearly paid off by Siddle and Johnson there.
    He would have been put into the hall of fame if he was honest and said: 'Yeah, I did carry the attack cause Sid and MJ were bowling ****'

  15. #7635
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    He would have been put into the hall of fame if he was honest and said: 'Yeah, I did carry the attack cause Sid and MJ were bowling ****'


    I would have settled for a happy medium. I didn't mind him saying that he kept talking to them and asking for advice because I'm sure he did, but when he said they "bowled beautifully" in the match it crossed the line into the ridiculous.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 98/99 Feast or Famine?
    By Goughy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 07:59 AM
  2. Playing test cricket in their 40s
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •