• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Spark

Global Moderator
In case folks hadn't noticed, this is the Australia in South Africa tour thread. Let me make that clearer

Australia
South Africa

Note the lack of "England" in those words (jokes about South Africans in the English team aside).

Consider this a general warning. People bringing up the English (or any other team) for no good reason (ie. not as part of the natural flow of conversation or as part of a natural comparison whilst sticking to the central topic of the Australian or South African teams) will be construed by me as trolling and I'll not hesitate to hand out points.

Carry on.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In case folks hadn't noticed, this is the Australia in South Africa tour thread. Let me make that clearer

Australia
South Africa

Note the lack of "England" in those words (jokes about South Africans in the English team aside).

Consider this a general warning. People bringing up the English (or any other team) for no good reason (ie. not as part of the natural flow of conversation or as part of a natural comparison whilst sticking to the central topic of the Australian or South African teams) will be construed by me as trolling and I'll not hesitate to hand out points.

Carry on.
Doing what andyc can't do I see.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Doing what andyc can't do I see.
Gotta be an ironic post, surely?

There's a difference between mentioning England as a natural part of the conversation (ie will South Africa's bowlers do the same to the Australian batting as England's did) and just randomly inserting the fact that this England side is the greatest in the history of the universe when the discussion is about how well Mitchell Johnson bowled in South Africa last time round.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Do you seriously think Ponting's opinion didn't carry any weight in the selection committee? He might not have got a vote, but his wishes would certainly have been sought and given serious weight.
No. He wanted things done differently than what went on and never really had his way. Hidilch and Chappel did pretty much whatever they wanted.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
I believe I was discussing the bowling skills of Australian bowler Peter Siddle, before I was horrificly attacked verbally by an Australian and a South African. :)

I will accept all apologies now! :)

BlazeDragon

Banned
Don't know why I am replying to you but I couldn't resist.

If Australia play well they could beat South Africa in South Africa.

The Aussies are a good team, but they are easily beatable as England have shown time and again.

England have the discipline and class to frustrate and bully the Australian flair players, whereas South Africa don't have as many players with those qualities, they rely on a lot of flair, power and pace too.

If South Africa try and fight fire with fire, they will get humbled again by the Aussies.
You were bragging about England like usual and trying to undermine Australia and South Africa in their own thread. So yes you were baiting.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Is praising Australia baiting? The emphasis of my post was based purely upon the contest between Australia and South Africa. As you well know. :)

Now grow up and post on topic!

Australia are my pick to win this series.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
I was posting on topic thanks! :)

Mike Hussey will be top run scorer in this series. Dale Steyn to be the leading wicket-taker though.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Is praising Australia baiting? The emphasis of my post was based purely upon the contest between Australia and South Africa. As you well know. :)

Now grow up and post on topic!

Australia are my pick to win this series.
If Australia play well they could beat South Africa in South Africa.

The Aussies are a good team, but they are easily beatable as England have shown time and again.

England have the discipline and class to frustrate and bully the Australian flair players, whereas South Africa don't have as many players with those qualities, they rely on a lot of flair, power and pace too.

If South Africa try and fight fire with fire, they will get humbled again by the Aussies.
Yeah nice phrasing there.

Replying to trolls is always a mistake I guess.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
I can only see one person dragging this off-topic and trying to bait supporters of cricket!

Stop spamming and return to the topic at hand please! :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe I'm not on here enough but I haven't noticed any over-the-top posting by England supporters.

Two factors will make this series closer than I would have predicted a few months ago, that Australia did relatively well in SL and that SA have played bugger-all international cricket in ages. The Saffer back-up bowlers have big question marks too so they'll be reliant on early wickets but they'll have plenty of opportunities for them against an Aussie line-up full of nervy starters.

Since it'll likely be a series of risk-free cricket, as a punter we'll have to do it for them. Risky prediction; AB to not score a ton all series.