• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Something to make Australians happy-Hilditch and Chappell got the chuck

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rixon would annoy the **** out of the players. Use to grate me big time.

On the other hand it'd encourage the batsmen to stay out in the middle longer as they wouldn't want to have their ears chewed off non stop in the pavilion.

uvelocity

International Coach
Something i whipped up jut now while the kids were having dinner, all the instances Hilditch was out to the hook shot in test cricket, plus a couple he got away with at the end of the video!

ANDREW HILDITCH - MASTER OF THE HOOK SHOT..... - YouTube
oh my goodness that was gold. The best bit was the commentary. The disdain in Ritchie and Chapelli's voices at his ability.

Richie: "Oh dear me you wouldn't believe it, you simply wouldn't believe it. 2 men out, you bowl the bouncer and he hits it straight down their throat" hahahahah

Random pom "And would you believe it, time and again Hilditch falls to the three card trick."

Richie: "And only Andrew Hilditch will know what thoughts went through his mind....." hahahahahah dry....

Ian Chappell: "And Hilditch hangs his head in shame as Richard Hadlee enjoys the moment..."

And the best last, not sure who it is: "It's the Immovable force, Hadlee versus the irresistable mass, Hilditch (lol!) who will continue to hook. And unfortunately Hadlee is a little bit better than Andrew Hilditch" ahahahahaha ahahahah stop! stop!

Such a shame you added the last two, I think they were more pulls than hooks :p

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
It was fun for 20 mins to go through the matches and find the dismissals and make that video! Funny how after the 2nd dismissal it just looks more insane that he keeps getting out to the hook. There may have been one more too but i couldn't locate it, 1978/79 MCG vs Pakistan, damn hard footage to get.

Top_Cat

pup11

International Coach
My new appointments

Coach:
Steve Rixon (firm with players, with an emphasis on cricket skills, proven track record)

Chief(the role that Hugh Morris fills for the Poms)
Rod Marsh (good people skills, will demand accountability, and has performed similar roles in the past)

Selection Panel:
Hohns (Chairman)
Fleming
Border
Clarke
Rixon
I'm not sure too many people would be queuing up for a job in the selection panel simply because its more of an honorary post atm and if we want capable and accountable people to fill these posts then we need to make it a full time job with a decent paycheque.

As for Rixon he became the coach of Australia the movement he joined the group as the fielding coach because going by reports Clarke rates him very highly and his recommendation was the reason CA hired him, so official announcement of him being appointed as the head coach should just be a formality now.

Also I'm very happy that Nielsen has been shown the door, his last PC more or less has made it clear that like Hilditch he too is either delusional or full of so much ego that he just finds himself incapable of accepting that mistakes were made which has been basically Australian cricket's biggest problem over the last few years.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Goodness me Watto, don't hold back.

Watson said the regular axing of bowlers through the five-Test series meant ''they were absolutely ****ting themselves every time they went out to bowl, because bowlers are the first ones to get dropped when things go wrong''.
I felt there was a growing sense of panic all over the place which, to be honest, wasn't helped by Cricket Australia announcing a bigger than usual Ashes squad.

Howe_zat

Audio File
God dammit, that's it.

It's been a long and tortuous about face, but I think I finally, genuinely like Shane Watson.

So confused.

howardj

International Coach
I'm not sure too many people would be queuing up for a job in the selection panel simply because its more of an honorary post atm and if we want capable and accountable people to fill these posts then we need to make it a full time job with a decent paycheque.
As I understand it, the head of selection panel will be a full-time position and will be paid accordingly. That the position is full time, is the reason given why Hilditch will not reapply (not that he would have been successful mind you)

As for Rixon he became the coach of Australia the movement he joined the group as the fielding coach because going by reports Clarke rates him very highly and his recommendation was the reason CA hired him, so official announcement of him being appointed as the head coach should just be a formality now.
Yes, he does seem the overwhelming favourite. I like him - a tough task master who is skills-focussed. A cricket man to his bootstraps.

Also I'm very happy that Nielsen has been shown the door, his last PC more or less has made it clear that like Hilditch he too is either delusional or full of so much ego that he just finds himself incapable of accepting that mistakes were made which has been basically Australian cricket's biggest problem over the last few years.
It was a shocker, wasn't it - totally detached from reality. Five years of largely being unaccountable (he even had his contract renewed last November!) as we fell to 5th in the world, and got bundled out at the first knock out stage of Neilsen's only ODI World Cup at the helm. Yet he seemed somehow miffed that he was made to reapply for his job. He should be grateful that he was invited to reapply.

Top_Cat

Absolutely none of what Watto says in that article is news, tbh. It was transparently clear to anyone with a pulse that Hilditch's reasons for 'resting' Johnson were bull****. Also interesting to see Watto refuse to criticise Ponting. Knows where his bread is buttered.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Wow, a Shane Watson book called Watto. What will they think of next.....shall not be buying......

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, a Shane Watson book called Watto. What will they think of next.....shall not be buying......
The guy is barely halfway through his career.

So sick of players releasing books before they've retired, or at least nearing retirement.