• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
I will not mind if England plays 2 spinners don't think the current test middle order will have a lot of problems with the spin since its vastly different to the middle order that struggled against Swann in England.
Awta

No way we should drop Wahab Riaz although I do agree with getting Rehman in along with Ajmal he might form a decent bowling partnership. Also Rehman can tie up an end. Wahab in for Junaid from Agent's team there.

Pffft.

If he's average, Cheema must be Waqar incarante. Junaid has looked very impressive for Lancs up here.
I only saw that one over of Junaid where he bowled 6 yorkers in the final over to win the game for Lancashire. Other than that I am not sure how he would fare in the 5 day format. Looked ordinary in the international stint.

smash84

The Tiger King
I hope this Cheema guy isn't over rated like the Canadian Cheema. He is the only other Cheema I have heard of

Xuhaib

International Coach
have watched Cheema only in domestic 20-20 games from what I see he is short and skiddy certainly has a bit of pace not sure how he will go in the longer formats but he did have a very good season last year.

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think Pakistan will put up a better fight than Aus/Sri/Ind who England have recently played however I still see an England victory (probably 1-0). It's funny how Pak seem to play Eng after Eng have just achieved something in the cricketing world as last time we played them at home they had just won the ashes (we beat them 2-0 :-) ) Maybe we can do something similiar this time, although I think we will be coming up against a much more determined team than in 2005.

Would like to see Azhar opening as he is actually a domestic opener although Pak seem to be wanting to groom him as a number 3 batsman. Also however much i admire Abdur rehman he's got to be one of the most boring bowlers in the world!!! Still think Danish could do a job... especially with a decent wicket keeper behind him.

Anyways let's just hope we have an Eng Pak series with NO controversies this time and I will be happy :D

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No controversy in a series between these two. More chance of a family of small rabitts setting up home in my left pocket.

Have no idea how this series will go as i have no clue as to what the pitches will be like.

smash84

The Tiger King
the deadest of dead pitches. Mark my words.

Take a look at the scorecards of the SA pak series last year to get an idea. Absolute roads. Even Steyn couldn't do much. Hurt his average and SR in that series

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
No controversy in a series between these two. More chance of a family of small rabitts setting up home in my left pocket.

Have no idea how this series will go as i have no clue as to what the pitches will be like.
I think we are moving ever closer to a controversy-less series between these two as we seem to have exhausted every possible controversy!!! Ball tampering, player security, umpire issues, oval-gate, chucking, match fixing and spot betting...

What else is there left???

smash84

The Tiger King
I think we are moving ever closer to a controversy-less series between these two as we seem to have exhausted every possible controversy!!! Ball tampering, player security, umpire issues, oval-gate, chucking, match fixing and spot betting...

What else is there left???
I don't even want to think about the remaining possibilities.

But rest assured that these two sides can find new ways every single time

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bres averaging 45 in tests with the bat. Just sayin'. :cool:

Think Sammy will tour tho and don't necessarily think he's a worse batsman than Morgan either. It's the bit between his ears that one doubts. Stokes another possibility, if his finger allows him to bowl again soon. Two seamers + two spinners with him as first change. Not going to be picked on his bowling alone (never seen him turn his arm over, ftr) but his figures suggest he's better than a part-timer.

Borthwick a dark horse for the test squad? If we do go for two spinners in a five man attack Monty seriously lenthens the tail.
Still wouldn't be excessively long though. Moving Prior, Bresnan, Broad and Swann up to 6, 7 8 & 9 followed by Anderson & Panesar wouldn't cause me sleepless nights. I don't see Tremlett doing a thing out there if earlier posters are to be believed.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Clearly jealous of England tbh :cool:
Haha no I disliked England from the start tbh. Pakistan for obvious reasons in that they are our arch rivals.

With that said, this is perhaps the only series I'll be wanting England to win. But want them to lose against every other opposition after that. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm sick of coming into every thread and reading everyone bashing England, everyone hates us because we're number one, not fair, blawahbla

:ph34r:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not because you're number 1, it's because most of the trolls just happen to come from that part of the world.

:ph34r::ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
The two teams I dislike the most. Yes, even more than Australia.
Clearly jealous of England tbh :cool:
I'm sick of coming into every thread and reading everyone bashing England, everyone hates us because we're number one, not fair, blawahbla

:ph34r:
It's not because you're number 1, it's because most of the trolls just happen to come from that part of the world.

:ph34r::ph34r:
Gun conversation :laugh::laugh:

is a quintessence high-end down jacket and sportswear Brand, including Moncler jackets, Moncler Coats,etc.Moncler outlet Online Store offers kinds items of Cheap Moncler and best quality guarantee for Moncler Outlet
But this one tops everything :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Some new talent is supposed to be found in the upcoming Zimbabwe tour as Pakistan has sent a very weak team - inexperienced.
A couple of them are Rameez/Sohail Khan and Cheema and if Sohail Tanvir'/Shoaib Malik perform they will certainly be back.

I would want Shoaib Malik to be back in LOI format where as Rameez should be tested. I think that Cheema is hugely over rated as he is 31 already and his peak is gone.

The rest of the team should stay the same, Wahab Riaz is a bad bad pick in tests, he bowls too many extras. Abdur Rahman is a useful darter to be honest and I would prefer him in place of Wahab Riaz.
If Sohail Khan makes it to the squad then he should play instead of Wahab Riaz as a speedster.
Junaid Khan is a swing bowler, he will not succeed in UAE.

As openers I would hate to see Farhat in there, ideally I would want Azhar Ali and Muhammad Hafeez - Athough I do not rate him high but for the moment - and Asad Shafiq in lower order.

Basically, I expect Ajmal and Sohail Khan/Junaid Khan/Youngster to perform. I have failed on Umar Gul, he just is not 'reliable'
So even 10 wickets at 350 would be good enough performance for me considering the Batting monsters that England consists.

I would expect the batting to click, especially the likes of Younis/Misbah and especially Umar Akmal, I will judge Umar Akmal by this series if he gets the chances.
With Muhammad Hafeez at opening, it will always fail so...

salman85

International Debutant
Pakistan will win this series.

England might rip Pakistan a new one,but Junaid Khan will rip England two new ones.

2 >1

Last edited: