• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best SC Team to show up in England during the last year

The better SC team in England

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
Given the side SL showed up with, I'm surprised people are being so harsh on saying they underperformed. One mad session aside they generally batted OK and bowled like tripe - which is exactly what we were all saying beforehand.
same can be argued for Pakistan people expecting them to bowl well and bat gash and this is just what happened.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
SL batted poorly twice, tbf, but the general point is correct. I'd probably have them & Pakistan as the best, then Bangas, then Sri Lanka A, and then India.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, precisely. Really, India are the only who have seriously underperformed.
With the bat, sure. With the ball, they've been as I expected; a couple of good sessions but otherwise, were always going to be up against it stopping England from topping 400 on a regular basis, even with Zaheer in the side.

R_D

International Debutant
With the bat, sure. With the ball, they've been as I expected; a couple of good sessions but otherwise, were always going to be up against it stopping England from topping 400 on a regular basis, even with Zaheer in the side.
na not really... i'm pretty sure with a fit Zaheer in the team and bowl doing so much... India wouldn't have let Swan and Broad take the match away from them in the last match.

With Zaheer around Ishant and Sreesanth wouldn't be bowling so much ****. Sreesanth and Ishant struggle big time against left handers.. where as Zaheer is very good against them.

I don't doubt India would probably still have lost but imo not this disgracefully.

I do think if India had prepared better... they would have been in much better position in this series.

tooextracool

International Coach
Not a big fan of how the mention of Pakistan tends to constantly crop up in this subforum personally, but if we have to pick the best out of the 4 then its quite clearly Pakistan. Simply because they were the only side capable of taking the 20 wickets required to win a test match in here.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I'm going with Sri Lanka simply because of their batting.

I don't know about India but I recon SL would beat Pakistan if they face off even with their mediocre bowling. Plus this post-ashes England has been much stronger. Pakistan would struggle harder with them even with the spot fixing trio.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
Not a big fan of how the mention of Pakistan tends to constantly crop up in this subforum personally, but if we have to pick the best out of the 4 then its quite clearly Pakistan. Simply because they were the only side capable of taking the 20 wickets required to win a test match in here.
Usually Pakistani and Indian fans get just as much pleasure from seeing their arch rivals getting thrashed by other teams..... so good times for pakistani fans right now ;)

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I think if this current England team played against the same Pak team as the one they faced in 2010, we would still have the same results. Pak are capable of winning matches out of the blue, and England didn't fare against Asif and Amir that well.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I think if this current England team played against the same Pak team as the one they faced in 2010, we would still have the same results. Pak are capable of winning matches out of the blue, and England didn't fare against Asif and Amir that well.
Ehh I don't think so. The form the England players have been in after the Ashes (Cook, Bell, Trott, Prior, Peterson) is quite amazing. I think they would all do quite well.

Himannv

International Coach
Pakistan the best because of their bowling, overstepping aside. Other than them, I'm fairly happy with Sri Lanka's batting despite their God awful, piss poor bowlers so I dont think we were the pits per se. India's batting, excluding the imperial brilliance of Dravid, hasn't been great although their bowlers have had a few happy times now and then.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The bowlers have had one good innings. They had us in trouble at Lord's in the second dig but ultimately nothing came of it.

Jacknife

International Captain
Ehh I don't think so. The form the England players have been in after the Ashes (Cook, Bell, Trott, Prior, Peterson) is quite amazing. I think they would all do quite well.
I think it's true that England have moved on to another level since last year, even against Bang last year a fair few players were out of form.

Xuhaib

International Coach
well you ould argue their form is linked to the quality of bowling they are facing just like Swann who looked like taking a wicket every over last year is totally nullified this time around one may say he is out of forn right now but i think the more logical answer is Indian batsman are much better players of spin bowling then Pakistan.

Xuhaib

International Coach
thats because he's not been allowed India has attacked him nice and early possibly the only thing they have done right this summer.

btw this is a stupid thread its like a sack race for ther blinds all 3 sub cont sides should be ashamed of their efforts have looked like minnows for atleast 75% of the series.