• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just trying to work out how, if "we think" it's brushed his glove, and we don't know whether his glove moves from hitting the pad or ball, how is there enough evidence to over rule the on-field decision?

pup11

International Coach
Hussey has flat out missed that, and by some margin. Utterly appalling over rule.
There was nothing conclusive about that replay that could have forced the 3rd umpire to overturn the on-field umpire's decision and these are the grey areas of DRS for me.

Edit: Our batting from #6 onwards has been embarrisingly poor in the last 12 months and its a mystery why we aren't doing anything to correct that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Haddin gone. My, this could be a cracker. Australia probably have enough already, but we cold still have a great finish.

Just trying to work out how, if "we think" it's brushed his glove, and we don't know whether his glove moves from hitting the pad or ball, how is there enough evidence to over rule the on-field decision?
Because if you think it's out, you should give it out?

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with you tbh. Don't think there was enough evidence but the third umpires are getting much bolder these days, and not waiting for conclusive evidence as they probably should too overrule as per the rule.

Last edited:

Spikey

Need runs, fast. Can't see us lasting.
Yeah that's my problem with Haddin's dismissal. With the rain and pitch we shouldn't be aiming to bat til tea tomorrow and knock up a 400 run lead. Just slog home bros

Spark

Global Moderator
There was nothing conclusive about that replay that could have forced the 3rd umpire to overturn the on-field umpire's decision and these are the grey areas of DRS for me.

Edit: Our batting from #6 onwards has been embarrisingly poor in the last 12 months and its a mystery why we aren't doing anything to correct that.
Eh... Paine was decent when he played and Haddin was obvs our second best bat in the Ashes. Otherwise, yeah.

Burgey

Haddin gone. My, this could be a cracker. Australia probably have enough already, but we cold still have a great finish.

Because if you think it's out, you should give it out?
You must have seen a different angle to the ones I saw if you reckoned there was enough evidence to overturn the onfield call.

If he'd been given, there wouldn't have been enough evidence to overturn that, either. One of those things I guess.

pup11

International Coach
**** this is gay. We'll still win though.... *knocks on wood*
Not sure about "we will still win" bit with three days still left 280 odd doesn't look all that daunting, guys like Mahela, Sanga, Dilshan, Samerweera aren't always going to get out cheaply.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure about "we will still win" bit with three days still left 280 odd doesn't look all that daunting, guys like Mahela, Sanga, Dilshan, Samerweera aren't always going to get out cheaply.
On this pitch 280 is plenty.