• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting that you've scored exactly 50 three times. Did you retire or something?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that you've scored exactly 50 three times. Did you retire or something?
First time was my first-ever men's game as a full-time player; we were pushing for an outright and the team decided to push back the declaration until I got to the 50.

Second time my partner ran me out, which was quite annoying because the team we were up against was filled with guys who I coached for school cricket during the week. They had no chance of getting me out any other way.

Third time we were 9 down and my partner was clueless; he stuck around long enough for me to get to 50 and then I decided to try and go after it - any more runs were bonus. Trying to slap a yorker over mid on didn't work too well.

Last edited:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Our club has won the t20 title beating our German rival. A tight match with 3 ducks on our side. I didnt play in the final obviously but its I must say its good to have at least one trophy of the planned three :)

Next week tour to Sussex !!!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
yeah club bowling averages can get quite low - if you tell me that is with a four piece I will be impressed however.

uvelocity

International Coach
i always average somewhere around there. two piece on syntho these days. never have been in any danger of scaring anybody above the age of 12 for pace though

Riggins

International Captain
i'm pretty sure all senior cricket played on turf is with four piece, the duke's for this would be the same.

2 pieces are important on hard wickets, they hold together better and don't lose as much shape i think.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
i always average somewhere around there. two piece on syntho these days. never have been in any danger of scaring anybody above the age of 12 for pace though
Sounds like a bloke at our club; 400 wickets bowling outswingers at just a touch above medium pace, sub-10 average in high park cricket grades every year.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Guys, does anyone here at CW possibly play for any of these clubs?

St James's Montefiore CC
West Chiltington & Thakeham CC
Hailsham CC
Rottingdean CC

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure Marcuss plays for Rottingdeane. However I don't think you're playing their junior XI so I doubt you'll play against him.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Developed the really annoying habit of scoring runs for everyone besides my home league side.

Played a higher standard in wales for club and uni = runs. Played Sunday cricket against a first xi bowling attack = runs. Rock up for my home 3rds and blob up. Guh.
There is progress though. 2 years ago I used to score 10-20, last year was 20-30 this year its 25-40 I score most weeks. Just need to learn to grind to 50 rather than just opening up once I get to 20

uvelocity

International Coach
Why don't you play a higher standard. Taking wickets at 8 is stupid.
13 i said. i've played the highest anyone will pick me for, and now im old and fat i play with my mates. i play at a strong club too, so its not like there's numpties playing above me

uvelocity

International Coach
and anyway that's not uncommon in park cricket, averaging low teens consistently with the ball, nobody is hitting double tons down here.