• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

one shot, one player

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Backfoot Defense: Sachin Tendulkar
Forward Defense: Rahul Dravid
Leave: Rahul Dravid
Sweep: Andy Flower
Reverse Sweep: Andy Flower
Dilscoop: Dilshan
Switch Hit: Kevin Pietersen
Cover Drive: Mark Waugh/Saeed Anwar
On Drive: Viv Richards
Off Drive: David Gower
Leg Glance: Rahul Dravid
Square Cut: Brian Lara
Late Cut: Mahela Jayawardena
Uppercut: Virender Sehwag
Pull: Ricky Ponting
Hook: Aravinda de Silva
Slog: MS Dhoni
Slog Sweep: Stuart Carlisle
Paddle Sweep: Sachin Tendulkar

Unorthrodox shots in general: Mahela and Lara
Best sweepers I could think of were Miandad, Salim Malik and Ranatunga. Tendulkar not far behind. Swept balls to end from square mid off to fine leg. And the best slogs I've seen have come from afridi and Klusener.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He wasn't great at it for his whole career, but I don't know if I've ever seen someone sweep so regularly, successfully and powerfully as Hayden circa 2001.

I'd just about take anything from Brian Lara on the off-side. It was like the more width you gave him, the bigger the canvas for him to work with.