• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boring matchups..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matchups between Test nations that just don't get the juices flowing.

India vs WI has always been deathly dull in my lifetime, and if I say this as an Indian fan, I wonder what neutral fans must think of it. :laugh: India vs. NZ in India, draw-fest. India vs. SL was terrible in the '90s but has picked up quite a bit in this decade. WI vs. England is a bit of a borefest as well.

On the other hands, the best/most entertaining matchups I can think of :

India-Australia
England-South Africa

Any others you can think of?

Spark

Global Moderator
India-SL has been getting a bit so-so of late.

EDIT: ****, beaten by PEWS of all people :ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
exciting stuff India Vs Pakistan.......

Pakistan will always keep you guessing but except for the last ODI series Pak vs SA has usually been quite boring and usually a one sided affair........

vcs

The series in India last year was not bad, but the ones in SL have been pretty good IMO. Definitely overkill, though. Hopefully we won't play a meaningless ODI series involving them for atleast another couple of years.

Why do Australia and SA never seem to go to Sri Lanka?

vcs

Yeah, Pak vs. SA is definitely a boring matchup. Can't think of anything exciting between those two.

India-Pakistan this decade has been **** in all honesty, despite the rivalry factor. Some horrible pitches in both countries contributing to that.

vcs

Nah, England vs SA is excellent cricket IMO, even though it usually isn't aggressive cricket.
England vs. SA is always excellent, actually. 2003, 2008 and 2009-10 were all superb series. And then there was the one in the '90s with the famous Atherton-Donald battle.

Flem274*

123/5
Loved the first two NZ/India tests tbh. Got my blood right up. Any NZ fan who wasn't roaring after the Martin spell or raging after that ****ing **** **** Harbhajan Singh did his thing can't be excited, ever.

But then, I expected us to roll over meekly, which we eventually did in the third test.

Anyway, NZ vs Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. I swear they account for 90% of the tests we've played in the last decade or so.

Mike5181

International Captain
Loved the first two NZ/India tests tbh. Got my blood right up. Any NZ fan who wasn't roaring after the Martin spell or raging after that ****ing **** **** Harbhajan Singh did his thing can't be excited, ever.

But then, I expected us to roll over meekly, which we eventually did in the third test.

Anyway, NZ vs Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. I swear they account for 90% of the tests we've played in the last decade or so.
Yeah, they just don't compare to the Australia games. We have the Chappell/Hadlee series where we come close to fist fights (Styris, Johnson), have insane 340 chases, last ball death over 20/20 games. To friendly i think. We need to spark up some competition between these non subcontinent and subcontinent teams. You see all the hand shakes and laughing between teams in the India vs NZ series and its nice and all but it doesn't exactly put any spice into the games.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clearly Jesse Ryder needs to go on a racist rant and it needs to be shoddily covered up :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pak-SA is a mixed bag like any other series you get a mix of dull and exciting stuff.Pak-Aus has been quite boring for a decade we just kept on getting pummeled by them:laugh:.Pak-India only last series was boring the other 3 were all quite good.