• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Test Fast Bowling Stocks-- Your Country

FBU

International Debutant
Australia is tough really at the moment

1 M Johnson
2 R Harris
3 D Bollinger
4 P Siddle
5 C McKay
6 M Cameron
7 B Hilfenhaus
8 T Copeland
9 S Watson
10 J Hastings

Copeland is difficult to rate as I've not seen him bowl too much in first class cricket - I couldn't find any room for George in my 10. Stu Clark and even Damian Wright were not really considered as I doubt we go for a howler with their experience. McKay probably looks a bit too high but I think he is somewhat underrated.
I can't wait to see James Pattinson bowl. I have heard a lot of good things about him.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
This is going to be hard as some of the fast bowlers picked by West Indian selectors wouldn't be anywhere near my top 10 and others are there on talent rather than FC performance. I have also disregarded the pure lack of fitness amongst our fast bowlers that stops at least half of this list from playing most of the time.

1) Kemar Roach
2) Fidel Edwards
3) Jerome Taylor
4) Andre Russell
5) Nelon Pascal
6) Tino Best
7) Ravi Rampaul
8) Gavin Tonge
9) Shannon Gabriel
10) Kevin McLean

Outsiders that I like: Jason Holder, Javon Searles, Dwayne Bravo is obviously a decent medium pacer, Darren Sammy bless him, Delorn Johnson is a talented left armer as well.

I refuse to rank Lionel Baker because he is so ordinary and his selection in the first place was a travesty.
Can't disagree much with this. Andrew Richardson would be in that 10 if he'd gotten his chance though but we got Roach out of that whole strike who's younger and has mroe upside than him.

1) Kemar Roach
2) Jerome Taylor
3) Fidel Edwards
4) Andre Russell
5) Nelon Pascal
6) Ravi Rampaul
7) Gavin Tonge
8) Pedro Collins
9) Tino Best
10) Kevin McLean

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In England they are as strong as i can ever remember depth wise. One concern is the way the press are making out that tremlett and Bresnan are world beaters because they have duffed up a poor Aussie batting side away. They won't find it so easy against Sri Lanka and India's strong batting line ups next summer.

My personal view of the England order....

1 Anderson
2 Broad
3 Onions
4 Finn
5 Tremlett
6 Bresnan
7 Shahzad
8 Hoggard
9 Harmison
10 Woakes

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Top 10 fast bowlers from your country. Rank them however you want, be it like boxing rankings (on achievement), on the current pecking order at International level or on how good you think they are.

There isnt anything scientific about this. Just to see if people share similar ideas and see how rich the fast bowling seam is for each country.

Only rule is that they must still be playing-- so if you want to include Tait and Harmison then you can.

My Current Christmas 2010 England Quicks

1. Anderson
2. Broad
3. Tremlett
4. Onions
5. Harmison
6. Finn
7. Bresnan
8. Shahzad
9. Sidebottom
10. Hoggard
11. Chapple (I just thought he deserved to be on the list even though old and never played Test cricket)

Outsiders- Khan, Pattinson, Saj, Plunkett, Ali

The hard part is ranking the young players that are doing well at FC level but are not quite at Test level eg Woakes, Dernbach, Chambers, and Harris
No room for Harmison?

Not that I'd pick him, but I was always under the impression that you were a fan. Given up?

Ruckus

International Captain
In England they are as strong as i can ever remember depth wise. One concern is the way the press are making out that tremlett and Bresnan are world beaters because they have duffed up a poor Aussie batting side away. They won't find it so easy against Sri Lanka and India's strong batting line ups next summer.

My personal view of the England order....

1 Anderson
2 Broad
3 Onions
4 Finn
5 Tremlett
6 Bresnan
7 Shahzad
8 Hoggard
9 Harmison
10 Woakes
What happened to Onions? Was pretty impressed with him last time around.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's almost a compulsion to make puns on Onions's name.. irresistible. :laugh:

Ruckus

International Captain
Hmmm...it's going to be tough for him to fight his way back into the team with the bowling depth England has atm - or I guess you could say the English bowling stock has too many layers to accommodate Onions. :unsure: