• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate AA's chances

How do you rate AA's chances?

• very high

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • likely

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • mild

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • unlikely

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • not a chance

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
Assuming AA is selected against New Zealand in the two Tests and if he scores 200 runs or more and takes 10 wickets or more, I said I will change my cricket web user name to Buddhika Fernando - so I want to know how long it should be (There will be a poll)?

And for how long I should keep it?

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
i doubt he'll get selected let alone for 1 test let alone 2 and score 50 let alone 200, take a wicket letalone 10....

so..'unlikely'

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I think he will get selected cause Nehra is out. If he does either one does that mean you have to half change your name? ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think we actually included the ODI's in this - you said against NZ - so that includes those, making it more likely.

Go AA!!!!!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
i am SO sure that he will fail miserably in this quest or succeed nmagnificently as he is so inconsistent, i also want a part of this little bet thingy...but if he gets 250 [a lil bit more to make it harder for the great one] runs in the whole tour against NZ while playing for india and takes 12 wickets..ill change my name to anything that the AAAS wishes...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I believe we included the ODIs too.

I think he'll do it, so long as he has a good Mumbai v Rest game.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Is it all matches against NZ. I believe india will play 2 tests and 2 league matches against nz. 10 wickets is a real possibility but 200 maybe a bit far. But Ganguly said that he wants either a batsman keeper or an all rounder before the end of the series in India. So he may give some chances to AA.

Legglancer

State Regular
Craig said:
Assuming AA is selected against New Zealand in the two Tests and if he scores 200 runs or more and takes 10 wickets or more, I said I will change my cricket web user name to Buddhika Fernando - so I want to know how long it should be (There will be a poll)?

And for how long I should keep it?

Why Buddika Fenando ?????? Why not Nicholos De Groot ????? Personnaly I think Degroot also deserves some recognization ....:)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: How do you rate AA's chances

Legglancer said:
Why Buddika Fenando ?????? Why not Nicholos De Groot ????? Personnaly I think Degroot also deserves some recognization ....:)
This looks like legglancer will change his name to Nicholas de Groot if AA does the deed!

masterblaster

International Captain
Agarkar with tests and ODI's combined very well might get 200 runs and 10 wickets under his belt.

He needs roughly 2 a game, and about 20 runs a innings in both formats of the game to do it.

I reckon he's got a good chance.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I find it unlikely he will score 200 runs, ODIs or no ODIs! :P

So I voted 'unlikely'.

Whatever happened to Sanjay Bangar?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: Bangar.
His Test avge of 29 and SR of 32 in 18 Test innings and his ODI avge of 16 in 13 games and econ. of 5.15 saw to his dropping.

Craig

World Traveller
Legglancer, Nicholas de Groot doesnt appeal to me (the name) and Buddhika Fernando seems more appealing.

I did say Tests, but ODIs will be included to make it more of a chance.

Legglancer

State Regular
Re: Re: Re: How do you rate AA's chances

marc71178 said:
This looks like legglancer will change his name to Nicholas de Groot if AA does the deed!
Absolutely .... I admit Nick and I am a little jealous of the attention that AA is getting.

Choora

State Regular
vishnureddy said:
Is it all matches against NZ. I believe india will play 2 tests and 2 league matches against nz. 10 wickets is a real possibility but 200 maybe a bit far. But Ganguly said that he wants either a batsman keeper or an all rounder before the end of the series in India. So he may give some chances to AA.

A captain's likes and dislikes counts for alot, its a fact that both Ajit Agarkar and Bangar are in Ganguly's good books .Bangar though is a hard working chap, however i don't think he can continue as an opener for long. Ajit however doesn't deserve a place in the team, especially in the test team, though if he plays he is probably going to score some runs on Indian pitches!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
I did say Tests, but ODIs will be included to make it more of a chance.
And I quote:
Originally posted by masterblaster
Please someone start a "Ajit Agarkar is Overrated" thread!!

So he can score 200 runs and take 10 wickets against the Kiwis.
Originally posted by Craig
If he does, I will change my name to Buddhika Fernado (my user name on cricket web).
I see no mention of Tests there. :)