• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004 England Home Series

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't realise NZ were in England next year so im quite excited after looking at the latest schedule.

The Natwest Series will be contested between Eng/NZ/W.I...should make for an interest series considering all 3 teams are relatively even in terms of ODI's.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
The Natwest Series will be contested between Eng/NZ/W.I...should make for an interest series considering all 3 teams are relatively even in terms of ODI's.
Barring Australia,Bangladesh, Kenya and Zimbabwe (there is everyone happy now?) just about all teams are even in ODI's!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
OK, I was trying to make a point briefly, so I only mentioned Australia.

If it makes everyone else happy, I will now edit the brief point and make it a lot longer, but more accurate?

Bazza

International 12th Man
What a crazy summer though. England play 7 tests and 9/10 ODIs again, plus a 3 ODI series against another opponent, and then it's the ICC CT in September.

So England could play 7 tests and 16 ODIs in about 4 months, with 3 of the tests back-to-back, including the 2nd and 3rd tests against NZ having just 2 days off inbetween.

Before long, international cricket teams will be forced to use a squad rotation system, or have players retiring at 30!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004 England Home Series

marc71178 said:
I don't tend to think of them as International teams yet!
One plays Tests and ODIs, the other plays ODIs.

You know the meaning of ODI?

One Day International

Hmmmm, I'd guess they are International teams...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004 England Home Series

Rik said:
One plays Tests and ODIs, the other plays ODIs.

You know the meaning of ODI?

One Day International

Hmmmm, I'd guess they are International teams...
And look at their amount of success enjoyed. Yes they play Internationals, but they are by no means International class.

Craig

World Traveller
Alright gentlemen, back on topic.

What is the draw for the England summer? I presume NZ will play two Tests and against WI will be five Tests?

I would really like to see New Zealand and England play a five Test series in the next five years.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
All Cricket Chat is on topic, if a thread evolves, then we let it happen. Opening a new thread for every different strain would be time consuming and a bit pointless IMO.

And it's 3 with NZ, 4 with WI I think.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004 England Home Series

marc71178 said:
And look at their amount of success enjoyed. Yes they play Internationals, but they are by no means International class.
Sort of contradicting there...

They play International cricket, ok, so they arn't the best teams in the world, but to say they arn't International teams would be wrong, especially in Kenya's case after their WC campaign...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If you read what I actually put you will see that I did say they were International teams, but they are not International class, so I don't tend tpo think of them when talking about Internationals.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
If you read what I actually put you will see that I did say they were International teams, but they are not International class, so I don't tend tpo think of them when talking about Internationals.
I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here...Kenya got to the semi-finals, therefor beating a number of teams rated ahead of them...so why shouldn't they be thought of as an International team? Bangladesh are, weather we like it or not...although Kenya have more claim than Bangladesh in my opinion.