• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test match attendances in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I would never attend a Test match in India, and I'm obviously a huge fan of Test cricket. It's not worth it. They openly despise their customers.

jashan83

U19 Captain
hehe
Yeah they will never do it but it rather wishful thinking.

Another reason for low crowds in places like Mohali and Nagpur etc would be that grounds are 20-30 km away from city. There's probably not adequate public transport. Not to mention that in most of the grounds in India, you have to buy 5 day passes. There's no 1 day pass. In Mohali you have to buy tickets from some bank... apparently you can't get them at the stadium.:blink:
I can see why people didn't bother turning up for most of the match.
Mohali and Nagpur Stadiums are right in the city. Mohali along with Chandigarh is just 7 to 15% in Population to the cities where you get crowds. That is the reflection in no of people coming to watch the matches. On crucial days there will be a houseful and on non crucial days, you see the representation. Though in population they are that small the percentage of people in stadium are on the higher side