• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Teams Scrapped

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wouldn't have happened if Modi was in charge. He is a ****, but a **** who knows the business.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wasn't aware you could scrape a cricket team :ph34r:

---

Big news. Not sure what to make of it just now, I'll be watching closely to see why.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They will challenge it in courts according to owners and look to postpone the IPL.

BCCI is becoming a untamed monster.
And i am sure it was Lalit Modi's alleged close association with these teams that lead to the scrapping.
I think the government needs to step in and tame this BCCI monster led by India cements and Srinivasan(chennai owner and board secretary) who is a double faced crook.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Someone will request a correction to the thread title within the next hour. Doesn't bother me.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Will be interesting how the other teams react to this.

I am sure they can't accept the BCCI act like this and scrap teams at their own whims and fancies.

I think all the teams except Chennai controlled by the board secretary and next president ,should look to boycott IPL and take BCCI to court.

brockley

International Captain
Well 8 sides,12 overseas pros,6 sides get to keep 4 players each,big players up for auction now.
Shane may retire now since he has lost his coaching job.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Good riddance to bad rubbish, IMO. Helps that RR and KXIP weren't classy teams enough in my view (apologies to Warne/Smith/Jaya/Sanga). Brings the number of teams back down to 8, and lets the remaining franchises (including any future ones) know that the BCCI means business.

I know the two teams will drag the BCCI into court, but I can't see things changing significantly. The BCCI are perhaps the shrewdest cricketing body on the planet, they don't take drastic measures without doing their homework. They've even managed to scare Lalit Modi from returning to the country, FFS :p