• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2010

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1/10/2010 TBA vs New Zealand - Warm-up match

3/10/2010 TBA vs New Zealand - Warm-up match

5/10/2010 Bangladesh vs New Zealand - 1st ODI
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

8/10/2010 Bangladesh vs New Zealand - 2nd ODI

11/10/2010 Bangladesh vs New Zealand - 3rd ODI

14/10/2010 Bangladesh vs New Zealand - 4th ODI

17/10/2010 Bangladesh vs New Zealand - 5th ODI

New Zealand squad:
Daniel Vettori (Captain)
Hamish Bennett
Grant Elliott
Brendon McCullum
Nathan McCullum
Andy McKay
Kyle Mills
Jesse Ryder
Aaron Redmond
Tim Southee
Shanan Stewart
Ross Taylor
Daryl Tuffey
BJ Watling
Kane Williamson

Styris injured. Ryder in; Guptill out.

And Bennett?!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Dissapointed we have given up on Guptil. Just needs a good coach and some self confidence.

Good to see that Kane was retained. Perfect series for him to build some confidence and form.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Strongly doubt we've 'given up' on Guptill, just probably been told he should focus on getting some runs under his belt in the domestic stuff and getting his place back in the team for the WC.

_Ed_

Guptill is in the NZ A team to tour Zimbabwe.

That squad:
James Franklin (Captain)
Graeme Aldridge
Brent Arnel
Nick Beard
Dean Brownlie
Daniel Flynn
Martin Guptill
Gareth Hopkins
Jamie How
Peter Ingram
Tim McIntosh
Chris Martin
Jeetan Patel
Bhupinder Singh
Reece Young

Brownlie's put himself in the picture pretty quickly. Good to see Beard in there.

_Ed_

Yeah, three four-day games against Zimbabwe. The first of those is on October 8.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Faaaar more interesting than the ODIs.

McIntosh
Guptill? Ingram?
How
Franklin
Flynn
Young
Hopkins (+)
Jeets / Beard
Aldridge
Arnel
Martin

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand squad:
Daniel Vettori (Captain)
Hamish Bennett
Grant Elliott
Brendon McCullum
Nathan McCullum
Andy McKay
Kyle Mills
Jesse Ryder
Aaron Redmond
Tim Southee
Shanan Stewart
Ross Taylor
Daryl Tuffey
BJ Watling
Kane Williamson

Styris injured. Ryder in; Guptill out.

And Bennett?!
Bennett in ODIs? Picking him for the long format fair enough, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember the last time he was really much chop in List A.

He's come along as a FC bowler in recent seasons, so I would have thought they'd pick him there tbh. The ODI bowling line up is A OK.

Loving Redmond randomly popping in again. Never gets picked for 20/20 or tests, which are more his thing, but always pops in and out of the ODI side and scores handy 30s. WAG.

Pleased to see Hopkins is out.

Guptill is in the NZ A team to tour Zimbabwe.

That squad:
James Franklin (Captain)
Graeme Aldridge
Brent Arnel
Nick Beard
Dean Brownlie
Daniel Flynn
Martin Guptill
Gareth Hopkins
Jamie How
Peter Ingram
Tim McIntosh
Chris Martin
Jeetan Patel
Bhupinder Singh
Reece Young

Brownlie's put himself in the picture pretty quickly. Good to see Beard in there.
This is much more interesting, even if I have a horrible feeling they're going to bat Franklin in the top four, where he'll score a truckload of runs, get picked in tests and then fail again. Also, what the hell is up with all those spinners? I hope they play a team like:

Tim McAwesomeAfterHeFaces80Balls
Pinga
Jamie How
Daniel Flynn
Martin Guptill
Dean Brownlie
James Franklin
Reece Young (wk)
Nick Beard
Graeme Aldridge
Brent Arnel

Won't happen though. Evar.

Pleeze Jimmeh, be a bowler again.

_Ed_

Bennett's stats are pretty similar in FC and List A - actually, that's an understatement. His FC average is 37.30, and his List A is 37.29! He does have a bag of 6-45 in a List A game. The 5.97 economy rate concerns me.

Flem274*

123/5
Screwing around on cricinfo, and a few things I've discovered happened during Bennett's FC debut:

-Luke Woodcock opened the batting for Wellington
-BFJ scored a century
-Grant Elliott made a 41 ball 2.
-Nixon McClean played for Canterbury

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dear Phlegm,

Timmy Mac is awesome after 80 balls is a trademark of the Athlai foundation.

Cease and desist.
Regards,
Athers

Flem274*

123/5
Bennett's stats are pretty similar in FC and List A - actually, that's an understatement. His FC average is 37.30, and his List A is 37.29! He does have a bag of 6-45 in a List A game. The 5.97 economy rate concerns me.
His FC bowling the last two or so seasons has been pretty decent though. Averaged high 20s iirc.

thierry henry

International Coach
These stats would tend to suggest that he is incredibly awful. It takes a lot of effort to be that bad. But that seems to be what we reward in NZC.

Athlai

Not Terrible
These stats would tend to suggest that he is incredibly awful. It takes a lot of effort to be that bad. But that seems to be what we reward in NZC.
But if Andre Adams/James Franklin/Matthew Sinclair succeed in domestics and fails in internationals maybe Bennett will rock our socks off!

[/Phlegmish optimism]

_Ed_

His FC bowling the last two or so seasons has been pretty decent though. Averaged high 20s iirc.
And I see he's taken one wicket in the last two seasons in List A at the fabulous average of 172.00. Deary me.