• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Kartikeya Date is someone who thinks far more highly of himself than he actually is. He disparages pretty much all other cricket writing and analysis and thinks his own approach based on picking up stuff from American sports (most of which is irrelevant to cricket) is the way forward.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Almost all of the cricinfo writers are crap though... Its not like he is stinking up the joint there, the rest are at his level of suckiness anyways.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Always good to bump this up, if only to pat myself, Joni and Xuhaib on the back for calling it all those years ago.. :D
I should be in that list too..been his fan since the very beginning. But just went and checked and my first post in this thread was in 2012 :( This is when I regret not being regular on the forum. I want a pat too :p

My first post in this thread

What do I think of Virat Kohli? I have been his fan since I saw him about 2 years ago. I thought he was a great talent then...I think he is a bloody brilliant batsman now..and I have no doubt in my mind that he will be the next batting great to come out of India..Its a shame lot of Indians themselves don't seem to realize what a absolutely great player in the making they have in Kohli and write him off for his attitude...

If Pakistan had a 24 year old Kohli today, I would be celebrating everyday...I would happily exchange the entire Pakistani batting order (apart from Younis Khan) for Virat Kohli..

And after this knock, I am proud to say that he is one of my most favourite players currently, and perhaps the most favourite...I love great players with an attitude...You keep scoring centuries and you keep showing the finger to the dumbasses....In 30 years time, no one will remembers those dumbasses and their worthless existence but everyone will remember Virat Kohli as an all time great batsman.

Edit: I'll no longer exchange the Pakistan batting order for Kohli though because as much as Kohli has improved in the 4 years, my love for this team has grown 10 time more :mellow:
But everything else still stands.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And people were revolting that I included him in my AT ODI XI ahead of Ponting... And by people, I mean Joni.. You traitor. :@

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which is why I said that. I expect him to ton up big time at home this season. Started with last SA series when he comfortably outscored every batsman in a series involving VK, Amla, AB.
His home pitches has been really difficult to bat on lately though so I fear that even if does bat really well, he won't rack up the numbers and therefore not really get the credit.

I always tend to think of him as being in a slightly different age bracket to what CW have called the 'big four' and leave him out for that reason, but Kohli is closer to Rahane's age than he is to Root's so that's probably not fair either.

Burner

International Regular
From what I've seen I actually thought that the Indian batsmen were getting the hang of batting on their pitches during the end of SA's tour of India. I think the likes of Kohli and Rahane will rack up runs when compared to whoever is visiting them.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which is why I said that. I expect him to ton up big time at home this season. Started with last SA series when he comfortably outscored every batsman in a series involving VK, Amla, AB.
I wouldn't say comfortably, before those twin tons he had **** all. Ended up the best ofc, but also not by a huge margin.

OverratedSanity

Yeah as much as I love Rahane, his numbers that series are a bit misleading. Even though he outscored everyone else, all his runs came when the series result was done and dusted and on an easier track. Vijay, Pujara, AB all were better batsmen over that series imo.

Chrish

International Debutant
^ Yes.

But it should ideally be Big 5. Pretty sur e the upcoming home season will get Rahane a lot more supporters.
tbh apart from Australian series, kohli hasn't done anything substantial to be a part of big 5. Much of his reputation is based on ODI/ t20 knocks and flamboyant on-crease persona.

If performing in all conditions is one of the main criteria of judging the batsmen, Rahane is clearly the man along with Smith.

Burgey

Rahane is most definitely not the man ffs. can't believe how horribly over rated he is on here.