• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Aamer Situation

If found guilty, Aamer should be banned for:

• Total voters

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm aware that there is a separate thread about the Math-Fixing controversy, however I think there should be a thread about this specific issue.

A report from British Tabloid, News of the World alleges that Mohammad Aamer bowled a deliberate no-ball which was fixed by a certain infamous fixer. If Aamer is directly involved with the fixer, I agree that it should be a straight life ban.

However, What if Salman Butt told the 18-year old to bowl a no-ball or gtfo the team? What if it is not a case of Aamer blatantly raping the honour of the game directly but rather being intimidated into following a captain's order? This does not make his act defensible but IMHO, If this is the case, a life-time ban is very harsh on him.

Thoughts?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Life ban still.

You don't know what else he did, and while you can't convict him based on that, the fact is such tainted players should not be involved in the game of cricket.

However, the 'manager/match fixer' called Aamer directly to 'prove' he had the players on his side during the meeting.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm going to wait 'til all the evidence comes to light before deciding on this one.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm going to wait 'til all the evidence comes to light before deciding on this one.
All pretty meaningless speculation until the investigation is complete.
If it is proven beyond any doubt that he has never done anything like this before and he was pressured by Butt and he did not directly see the money, I would advocate a life ban.

Simple as.

Sir Alex

Banned
Life ban still.

You don't know what else he did, and while you can't convict him based on that, the fact is such tainted players should not be involved in the game of cricket.

However, the 'manager/match fixer' called Aamer directly to 'prove' he had the players on his side during the meeting.
DWTA.

He's just 18 years old, and people have done worse crimes and forgiven. As Teja said, there is every chance that he was forced into doing this.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He/Pakistan need a ban but I think a lifetime ban is overkill. 2 or so years would do it.

Would also hand out a lifetime ban to the Pakistani player ringleader who they report as Butt. Somebody needs to be made an example of but I wouldn't chuck em all.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If people don't advocate a full lifetime ban for TAKING MONEY TO ALTER THE GAME, then this sport is dead.

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for life betting on games he wasn't even playing in. Cricket has zero integrity left if tomorrow morning any of these players are on allowed on Lord's pitch, or any pitch. Ever.

DingDong

State Captain
He/Pakistan need a ban but I think a lifetime ban is overkill. 2 or so years would do it.

Would also hand out a lifetime ban to the Pakistani player ringleader who they report as Butt. Somebody needs to be made an example of but I wouldn't chuck em all.
ur part of the problem mate. they all need to go, it doesnt matter if hes only 18 he's legally an adult and should be punished like one

DingDong

State Captain
If people don't advocate a full lifetime ban for TAKING MONEY TO ALTER THE GAME, then this sport is dead.

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for life betting on games he wasn't even playing in. Cricket has zero integrity left if tomorrow morning any of these players are on allowed on Lord's pitch, or any pitch. Ever.
agree completely

Athlai

Not Terrible
ur part of the problem mate. they all need to go, it doesnt matter if hes only 18 he's legally an adult and should be punished like one
I'm not just saying Amir shouldn't receive a lifetime ban but the majority of the Pakistani players. Butt if he is the ringleader does have to get a lifetime ban, Asif probably must be close considering all his past **** ups as well.

But if you told me Azhar Ali was part of this then I'd say I don't think he should go forever either.

These are players who have managed to fall through the cracks because of international cricket's mistakes, what they did is terrible and needs to be removed from the game forever. But I'd rather they fix the problem than just wipe their hands of it and pretend it never happened, which is what they always ****ing do.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You can do both. Ban them for life to start. Then ban Pakistan cricket until they can demonstrate a change in culture and complete accountability.

Sir Alex

Banned
Who cares?

And he was called directly by the match fixer at night.
He might've refused it and made to accept it after coaxing by others... Can't believe someone like him, who bowls well just because he loves to bowl well, should do this... really gutted.. and as a Pak fan would be destroyed to the core if this is proven true... Actually I'd stop watching Pak cricket altogether.

Lostman

State Captain

Absolutely spot on!