• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Howsie

International Captain
Boult :wub:

He should of played international cricket by the time the world cup rolls around early next year.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Boult :wub:

He should of played international cricket by the time the world cup rolls around early next year.
Trent Boult? Haven't seen him bowl in quite a while (actually going back, would've been an U-19 fixture), so how is his bowling now? Has he translated raw talent into fast bowlers tools that he can control better?

Flem274*

123/5
Boult is a bit quicker these days apparently.

Astle gets a much needed breakthrough for Canterbury. Jamie How gone for 85. Todd Astle now has 1/31. Central are 167/1 trailing by 99 runs. Patton joins Ingram, who is currently 78* (153).

Otago staring down the barrel again at 105/5. Andre Adams got rid of NcCullum and Droom but Wells and D. de Boorder are fighting back. Wells is 30* (50) and de Boorder is 23* (40).

Northern Districts are 23/0 chasing 274 against Wellington.

Howsie

International Captain
Trent Boult? Haven't seen him bowl in quite a while (actually going back, would've been an U-19 fixture), so how is his bowling now? Has he translated raw talent into fast bowlers tools that he can control better?
tbh I haven't actually seen a lot of him over the past 18 months - he was injured for most of last season. I saw him bowl a few weeks back in a trial however and he's definitely put on some more pace since last season, James Marshall said the same thing as did the radio commentator in the Otago - ND game last week.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Argh what a toss to win for the Knights, it was incredibly cloudy and windy yesterday and today we have a pretty light breeze and blue skies with the sun no doubt baking the hell out of the pitch.

FML Wellington has no luck.

Though well done to Boam, excellent knock under the circumstances.

Flem274*

123/5
Ingram gives the Canterbury "attack" what they deserve. 100*

Astle will have to take about six of the wickets at this rate. The only other trustworthy bowler is Hiini.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woodcock bowling ahead of Houghton is interesting.
Argghh. Bloody Wellington. Why play Houghton if you let a spin bowling hack like Woodcock bowl ahead of him? Woodcock is surely in the team more for his batting these days than his bowling?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Argghh. Bloody Wellington. Why play Houghton if you let a spin bowling hack like Woodcock bowl ahead of him? Woodcock is surely in the team more for his batting these days than his bowling?
Took a 4fer in the trials but yeah besides that he hasn't done much with the ball for yonks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know if Boult swings the ball at all? I lefty who can bowl high 130's and get good swing would be the best addition to our bowling attack since...Jimmeh.