• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Impeded is the Impeded View at the SCG?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
DAY 1
Brewongle Stand G7-R Row Z 63-67

DAY 2
Messenger Stand LR Row EE 99-103

DAY 3
Messenger Stand LR Row CC 92-96

DAY 4
Messenger Stand LR Row CC 92-96

Any experience of how **** the view will be?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you're in the Messenger Stand mate, ffs take a hat and sunscreen - I kid you not you will be burned alive there if you don't.

The Brewongle is a massive stand, on the western side of the ground, so you will be out of the sun, but the reflective glare will get you anyway, by way of warning.

The view there is only impeded by either the roof of the stand, which means you may not be able to see the outlfield onthe other side (thoug I think you'll be right) or, if you're at the end closest to the Ladies Stand, there might be a portion near the Paddington End sightscreen out of view. Certainly, afaik, there's no impediment to seeing the pitch or infield, which, if England is batting, is where the action will be as they won't hit it off the square.

For the Messanger Stand, wasn't aware the view was obstructed at all tbh. Certainly not of the centre of the ground. Again, I imagine if you're impeded, will be a portion of the outfiled at the other end of the ground from you.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
If you're in the Messenger Stand mate, ffs take a hat and sunscreen - I kid you not you will be burned alive there if you don't.

The Brewongle is a massive stand, on the western side of the ground, so you will be out of the sun, but the reflective glare will get you anyway, by way of warning.

The view there is only impeded by either the roof of the stand, which means you may not be able to see the outlfield onthe other side (thoug I think you'll be right) or, if you're at the end closest to the Ladies Stand, there might be a portion near the Paddington End sightscreen out of view. Certainly, afaik, there's no impediment to seeing the pitch or infield, which, if England is batting, is where the action will be as they won't hit it off the square.

For the Messanger Stand, wasn't aware the view was obstructed at all tbh. Certainly not of the centre of the ground. Again, I imagine if you're impeded, will be a portion of the outfiled at the other end of the ground from you.
Yeah you will just small bits of the ground obstructed, there is nothing major anywhere around the ground as far as i know.

And yes, if you are going to be in the sun, a hat and sunscreen is essential, you will be burned before lunch on the first day without them.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was in the Brewongle Stand - obstructed view in 2006. There's basically a big ****-off horizontal support strut going across the stand which kinda blocks the very top of your peripheral vision. We were in the back row but one, and it wasn't too bad. The back row might be a little bit schisse though.