Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T20 a dying format?!

T20 a dying format?!

Falling Twenty20 crowds worry county chairmen | England Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Oh noes!

Just shows its not really down to the format being 'boring' but just too much. Maybe the ICC will see this and save ODI's, doubt it however.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Guy View Post
    Falling Twenty20 crowds worry county chairmen | England Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Oh noes!

Just shows its not really down to the format being 'boring' but just too much. Maybe the ICC will see this and save ODI's, doubt it however.
    a right mix of all three formats is the way to go doubt the idiots at the top can find what is that right balance.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    The article pretty much has it spot on. There's too many matches, it's got too expensive, and the novelty has worn off. I've been to a few in past years but I've not been the last two years. This year I've opted for a day at at Pak-Aus test and last year I went to the T20 world cup instead.

I consider myself as having a reasonable amount of money to spend since I have an okay job and no kids, so if I think it's too much money to go to more than a couple of days of 'expensive' cricket each summer, I'm sure plenty of others do too.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Expanded too much, and of course the crowds will be down when its played at the same time as the World Cup. Next year will be a more accurate view of whats going on, but it should be 10 games each in the group stage. (3 groups of 6, play each other twice). 16 games is overkill.

Crowds won't go back to the heyday but they would be higher than this year. Be interesting to see what the crowd is like on Friday when i go, it's been a sellout/close to in recent years.
    Last edited by superkingdave; 06-07-2010 at 05:23 AM.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    What do you expect?

How many of England's world champion side are playing regularly in the competition?
    ​63*

Obviously far too many games. Does it really need home and away at the group stage? I think not.

The dumbing down of the games does nothing for the atmostphere either. We really don't need the blasts of music everytime there's a boundary or a wicket. And the cheer leaders just look like a desperate attempt to chivy up the crowds. They should convey more confidence in the game itself to generate interest without pointless gimicks.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Obviously far too many games. Does it really need home and away at the group stage? I think not.

The dumbing down of the games does nothing for the atmostphere either. We really don't need the blasts of music everytime there's a boundary or a wicket. And the cheer leaders just look like a desperate attempt to chivy up the crowds. They should convey more confidence in the game itself to generate interest without pointless gimicks.
    I think it does, probably more money in a Lancs-Yorks game than the rest of the Lancs games put together, but thats why its better in a North-Midlands-South split, less games, and more against closer opponents. (using Lancs-Yorkshire as an example, albeit a slight anomoly, local rivalries exist througout and counties would much prefer h&a against local sides than playing 8 different sides once)
    Last edited by superkingdave; 06-07-2010 at 06:50 AM.

State Captain
    whats with all this doom and gloom about cricket? its fine it will be fine for another 50 years
    people worry too much.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Yep too many matches as has been said..
    The World Cup this year was ridiculous.. Who has heard of two world cups in two consecutive years?

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Think it's the footie world cup they refer to in the article.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Wouldn't mind it 1 bit if T20 dies out TBH.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    ^ I wouldnt either but without T20 is the cash cow. Without the cash, there is no Test or ODI cricket sadly

Banned
    As i have said before T20 will help to make womens cricket more popular

it looks stupid on men pro35/pro40 is a better option for men than both odi & t20

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Its greed IMO. They did well before T20 came into being. World Cups had some value. People took days off to watch good ODIs.

There is a big gloabal support for the game of cricket, why are they not turning up anymore? Because the quality of the game is going down due several factors which includes pitches especially.

The only reason people like T20 is beacuse its a bit more competitive and you get to see some close games....

Tests and ODIs are the way to go. Apart from the Bangladesh game, i thought Asia cup was fine.

Banned
    asia cup was a disaster no one even talked about it huge flop odis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information