• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Sir Alex

Banned
This really couldn't be going any worse for us, could it? I'm a huge Tendulkar fan but I'd readily have swapped his wicket if Sehwag could still be out there... we'd be 30-40 runs better off and in with a chance, however minute.

With the nightwatchman out there, it's going to be tough going tomorrow, both guys will probably get bogged down early on, lose rhythm and we'll end up losing a bunch of wickets. :(

Ah well, at least Pakistan are doing even worse than us. :ph34r:
I haven't seen one post where you've not posted in a negative fashion about Sachin or India. Don't be so pessimistic mate. In situations like these, Sachin is by miles the better man than Sehwag. Just check out Sehwag's last innings record. Key will be Laxman and Raina, if Sachin keeps one end intact, it will be a repeat of Chennai 08.

Yes, I've become a believer after that innings. :)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't seen one post where you've not posted in a negative fashion about Sachin or India. Don't be so pessimistic mate. In situations like these, Sachin is by miles the better man than Sehwag. Just check out Sehwag's last innings record. Key will be Laxman and Raina, if Sachin keeps one end intact, it will be a repeat of Chennai 08.

Yes, I've become a believer after that innings. :)
I know.. I don't mean to be negative, but one consequence of Sachin's change in style is that he doesn't regularly get boundaries to relieve the pressure anymore. Let's hope Ishant bats smartly and keeps him some company early on tomorrow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What we needed was a Sehwag Chennai 08-esque 50 off 40 balls from Sehwag, and then Sachin to do what he did in Chennai 08 again as well.

Gonna be tough after vijay's wicket. We still ahve Laxman though. And Mishra :ph34r:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What we needed was a Sehwag Chennai 08-esque 50 off 40 balls from Sehwag, and then Sachin to do what he did in Chennai 08 again as well.

Gonna be tough after vijay's wicket. We still ahve Laxman though. And Mishra :ph34r:
That was exactly what I meant, would have been ideal for us. :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No Harbhajan. :(

I like Tendulkar's new style of batting far more than his batting style of the late 90s, more attractive though the 90s style might be. This way he scores bigger, doesn't hit the ball in the air and avoids the risks he used to take before.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Mithun has looked pretty solid with the bat, for mine. Certainly better than Mithun the bowler.

Sir Alex

Banned
I know.. I don't mean to be negative, but one consequence of Sachin's change in style is that he doesn't regularly get boundaries to relieve the pressure anymore. Let's hope Ishant bats smartly and keeps him some company early on tomorrow.
Is striking at 60 plus over the last 3 years, which I think is perfectly acceptable. I don't want him to go hyper offensive or defensive.

200 runs on a last day pitch will be too hard.Dhoni seems to have become a dud against quality spin.That only leaves Tendu,Laxman and a bat who is playing his second test.I know who I'd rather have my money on atm.That said all it will take is just one good 100 run partnership.

Btw what do you guys feel about Jaya's catch?Shouldn't the benefit of the doubt have gone to the batsman?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man I thought India was going to level this here...
Sehwag gone toh India gone..

250 plus target on the last day is going to be tough.

Sir Alex

Banned
Avatar bet anyone? I predict an Indian win tomorrow.. unless play is called off before a result can be enforced due to rain/etc...Loser to sport avatar till end of tri series. Anyone interested?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw what do you guys feel about Jaya's catch?Shouldn't the benefit of the doubt have gone to the batsman?
I actually thought that too tbh.

The minute Taufel referred it, it should have been a situation where the camera must prove it is caught. By referring it, he therefore admitted he was not sure.

Hence Taufel was not sure, and the footage is unclear. Benefit of the doubt must then go to the batsman.

Baffling really. If Taufel believed it was out, he should have given it out without having to refer it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I actually thought that too tbh.

The minute Taufel referred it, it should have been a situation where the camera must prove it is caught. By referring it, he therefore admitted he was not sure.

Hence Taufel was not sure, and the footage is unclear. Benefit of the doubt must then go to the batsman.

Baffling really. If Taufel believed it was out, he should have given it out without having to refer it.
Reckon in that scenario it is fair to give the benefit of the doubt to the fielder. If you can't prove they did drop it and they say they caught it then its all fair dinkum IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reckon in that scenario it is fair to give the benefit of the doubt to the fielder. If you can't prove they did drop it and they say they caught it then its all fair dinkum IMO.
Not by the rules though. It may be fine in the spirit of the game, but having said that, there are so many situations we see where fielders think they've caught it and they haven't, that it sets a dangerous precedent.

Either change the rule stating that a fielder gets the benefit of the doubt, or have a hard-and-fast rule (or captain's agreement pre-series) where fielders will be taken at their word. If not, the umpires should follow the letter of the law as it stands.

I was genuinely surprised when Taufel referred it because it looked out in real time. But then after that, I was even more surprised that he gave it out when the 3rd umpire said he couldn't make a decision one way or the other.

Last edited: