• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would You Go Along To A Neutral Test Match?

Would you attend a neutral test match between two top 8 nations in your country/city?

• Total voters

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
As the Bangladesh Lord's test is (as 4-or-6 says) only £30, I'm going to go to at least the first day, but I'm seriously thinking of going to one of the Pakistan Australia tests too.

My love of cricket in itself is only slightly less than my love of England as a team! 8-)

stumpski

International Captain
Have mused before at the ridiculously small capacities of English grounds. Won't go over it again, but madness that so many have to mis out on a seat or mortgage their cobblers to get in.

Edit: except for f-o-s obviously :ph34r:

True, but here's what happens now when a Test crowd leaves the Oval (capacity approx 20,000): traffic in surrounding streets comes to a standstill as spectators start wandering amongst the cars; you have to queue for half an hour to get into the Oval tube station; bus drivers approach and then drive straight off again, shaking their heads. And this is what happens now - I dread to think it would be like with doubled capacity. London is a crowded city.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
dav made a good post as well once saying that you can't justify bigger capacities because the grounds are unused half the year and don't get full all that often anyway (temp seating usually actually raises the attendance for Tests in a lot of grounds).

Aussies grounds get used all year round because they're pretty much multi-purpose AFAIK. We have footy stadia with fairly big capacities.

Spark

Global Moderator
dav made a good post as well once saying that you can't justify bigger capacities because the grounds are unused half the year and don't get full all that often anyway (temp seating usually actually raises the attendance for Tests in a lot of grounds).

Aussies grounds get used all year round because they're pretty much multi-purpose AFAIK. We have footy stadia with fairly big capacities.
See, we love cricket so much we invented a sport that you could play in winter on oval-shaped grounds :ph34r: