• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream ODI XI: Select the TWO opening batsmen

Who will open the batting for your Dream ODI XI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
Please select TWO from the following 22 top batsmen to open your Dream ODI XI

All of them have scored 2000+ runs as openers. They all have a batting avg > 30. and a SR > 70 or their avg > 40 in which case their SR will be above 60.

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com
Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

If you want to choose anyone other than these 22 players mention their name in your post. I will count them separately as long as you saved up that vote in the poll.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a feeling this will be a whitewash.

Unfortunately for Hayden, who IMO is the third choice opener for this team.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Tendulkar and Gilchrist.

13 voters within 10 minutes is impressive. Quickest start for any poll on CW I know of.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Voted for Tendulkar and Anwar.

Tendulkar the automatic choice.

Tempted to select 10 or 12 names for the second opening partner. Question of which style of opener to select. The highly attacking Gilchrist, Jayasuriya or Sehwag. Perhaps the more slower accumulators like Waugh, Greenidge, Hayes or Ganguly. Selected Anwar as he combines the two styles so well (much like Tendulkar). A player capable of having the scoreboard read 0/90 off 15, and yet still go on to score the big century.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
I have a feeling this will be a whitewash.

Unfortunately for Hayden, who IMO is the third choice opener for this team.
Yeah, mindless. Hayden is the better bat then Gilly, but people are selecting him because of his keeping whilst I would select Dhoni as the keeper as his probably the better ODI player.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Gone for Tendulkar of course and a surprise pick in Lara. Simply, the thought of those 2 batting together from the get go is too good to resist.
That being said, looks like it's going to be a fairly meaningless vote though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Went for Sachin Tendulkar and Mark Waugh.

Junior's brilliant fielding gets him over the line for me.

Happy enough with the obvious Tendulkar and Gilchrist opening partnership though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Went for Sachin Tendulkar and Mark Waugh.

Junior's brilliant fielding gets him over the line for me.

Happy enough with the obvious Tendulkar and Gilchrist opening partnership though.
Yeah, Gilchrist so bad he had to be hidden away at third man :ph34r: