• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Damien Martyn in trouble

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I see its Damien Martyn that has split with his soon to be bride over a large amount of txt messaging to a young south african woman.

What is it with these guys? I think the ACB should ban cellphone use while Australia are touring overseas.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
does she know what messaging this was? if not, then shame on her for making a terrible decision. i she does, and it is not within martyns rights, then australian cricket is in deep trouble.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol age...you can defend him all you like but these guys are making themselves look pretty stupid.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
im not defending his actions at all, i think that they are shameful, but it is up to him. so i say, if he wants to look stupid, let him

In no way are Martyn's and Warne's actions correct. Not all all. But it is, as someone said, their choice, and we have to respect that.

But you have to remember, the media make things look 100 times worse than they actually are.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Warriorzcc0 said:
In no way are Martyn's and Warne's actions correct. Not all all. But it is, as someone said, their choice, and we have to respect that.

But you have to remember, the media make things look 100 times worse than they actually are.
Duck taking the mickey in 3....2....

Eclipse

International Debutant
The incedent with Martyn happend ages ago and unlike Warne he was not harrasing anyone.
There is no proof that these alegations are correct anyway ulnike the Warne case.

I am deffending him untill I know he has done somthing wrong up untill now nothing has been proven.

This is really old news any way I heard about this ages ago but obviously with the Warne incedent the media has decided to make somthing of it.

Cloete

International Captain
Eclipse said:
The incedent with Martyn happend ages ago and unlike Warne he was not harrasing anyone.
There is no proof that these alegations are correct anyway ulnike the Warne case.

I am deffending him untill I know he has done somthing wrong up untill now nothing has been proven.

This is really old news any way I heard about this ages ago but obviously with the Warne incedent the media has decided to make somthing of it.
i fully agree with eclipse here. martyn has never been known for n e thing mailcious. let alone as serious as this. i hope he gets cleared.... as i couldn't imagine him doing this sort of thing. he barely even sledges on teh field. if this is true i'll be completely awestruck. i just hope for his sake and his wife to be that these are false allegations.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well its definately true that he has split with his fiance.
But the key point is whether Martyn was txting to a South African girl or whether the media have sparked false rumours.

Cloete said:
i fully agree with eclipse here. martyn has never been known for n e thing mailcious. let alone as serious as this. i hope he gets cleared.... as i couldn't imagine him doing this sort of thing. he barely even sledges on teh field. if this is true i'll be completely awestruck. i just hope for his sake and his wife to be that these are false allegations.
Exactly. And anyway, we hasn't been proven guilty yet.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
his wife found the cell phone and found inappropriate messages on it. it must have been bad if she broke with him.:(

hourn

U19 Cricketer
well we don't know what happened, but in each scenario, it really doesn't matter for us.

If

a) he did send these messages than:

- his wife leaves him and that is for us to deal with. It really has no bearing on anyone outside his circle of family and friends.

b) he didn't send those messages than:

- this is just another completely untrue rumour.