• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mystery Draft 3 - Global Premier League

Athlai

Not Terrible
Right Marcuss and Goughy's turn to make their second round picks and then the next auction round begins.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Round 1

1. Goughy (SL) ]Gilchrist $1,000,000
2, Himmanv (WI) Marshall $2,100,000
3. Athlai (SA) Flower $3,000,000
4. Marcuss (IND) Murali $2,300,000
5. Michael (ENG) Tavare $100,000 Flower $3,100,000
6. Pothas (NZ) Hadlee $1,500,000
7. Blakus (PAK) Imran Khan $2,000,000
8. Cevno (AUS) G Chappell $400,000

Round 2

1. Cevno (AUS) Shakib al Hasan $100,000
2. Blakus (PAK) Heath Streak $100,000
3. Pothas (NZ) Shane Bond $1,200,000
4. Michael (ENG) Geoffrey Boycott $100,000
5. Marcuss (IND) Jacques Kallis $800,000
6. Athlai (SA) Joel Garner $500,000 Kumar Sangakkara $700,000 Heath Streak $1,000,000
7. Himmanv (WI) Curtly Ambrose $1,100,000
8. Goughy (SL) Allan Donald $500,000

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just to clarify, if I bid on a player and someone bids on mine. Lets say I lose out on the player I bid on, can I still bid for the player I nominated or do I just get to pick up their player at a nominal price?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Just to clarify, if I bid on a player and someone bids on mine. Lets say I lose out on the player I bid on, can I still bid for the player I nominated or do I just get to pick up their player at a nominal price?
You should always be able to bid on the player you nominated, the 1 bid rule is in place to stop someone bidding for half the players out there.

Though in the scenario you stated it would be possible to have any of those 3 players.
The player you are bidding on, your nomination, the player of the person bidding on your nomination.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
You should always be able to bid on the player you nominated, the 1 bid rule is in place to stop someone bidding for half the players out there.

Though in the scenario you stated it would be possible to have any of those 3 players.
The player you are bidding on, your nomination, the player of the person bidding on your nomination.
Very good. Thanks for the clarification.

Just waiting for someone else to start the bidding :)

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Just to be sure, I can bid on someone other than Streak right?
If so then I'm putting 800,000 on Sangakkara.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Just to be sure, I can bid on someone other than Streak right?
If so then I'm putting 800,000 on Sangakkara.
Yeah but it means you'd only get Sangakkara.

AH! Why would you do this to me!!! Do I go for Sangakkara as well now? Do I just take Garner and Streak? :(