Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Thread: Hawkeye on cricinfo

  1. #16
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    I AM INVINCIBLE!

    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  2. #17
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    You're only invincible because I try and adhere to the "never argue with an idiot, as they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience" mantra.
    Haha, i love you CWers & the internet tuff talk.

    I have be told not to insult anyone anymore. Lets see what the moderators will do about you breaking forum rules.

    But either way since you think i'm such an idiot when it comes to my views on cricket. Let me give you my usual cricket quizz. If you can't answer this 10 questions accurately, then you won't have any credibily left to question anything i ever say again:

    1. Who is credited with inventing the googly?

    2. This West Indian fast-bowler cut short the career of a batsman by hitting him the skull in a test match in the 60s. Who was the bowler & the batsman in this incident?

    3. He was a Yorkshire & ENG cricketer & captain (who played for ENG in early 20th century), soldier, Politian. Who was he?

    4. This 19th century Australian bowler once bowled a delivery that left a dent in the batsman's back. Who was he?.

    5. Who took ENGs first post-war hattrick?

    6. In one freak occrance in test history. This bowler finished with figures of 32-27-5-0 and bowling a record 21 consecutive maiden overs in this spell. Who was he?.

    7. He is credited as being New Zealand's premier spin bowler in their immediate post war years. Who was he?.

    8. This classy Pakistan opener. Retired from cricket to pursue a career in acting who was he?

    9. He was the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match. Who was he?

    10. He was first debutant in test history to be out out first ball of a test. Who was he?

    30 minutes to answer & you need to get more than 5 correct....
    Last edited by aussie; 07-02-2010 at 08:25 PM.

  3. #18
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    2. This West Indian fast-bowler ended cut short the of a batsman by hitting him the skull in a test match in the 60s. Who was the bowler & the batsman in this incident?
    This is an English-speaking forum.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."


  4. #19
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,856
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Haha, i love you CWers & the internet tuff talk.

    I have be told not to insult anyone anymore. Lets see what the moderators will do about you breaking forum rules.

    But either way since you think i'm such an idiot when it comes to my views on cricket. Let me give you my usual cricket quizz. If you can't answer this 10 questions accurately, then you won't have any credibily left to question anything i ever say again:

    1. Who is credited with inventing the googly?

    2. This West Indian fast-bowler ended cut short the of a batsman by hitting him the skull in a test match in the 60s. Who was the bowler & the batsman in this incident?

    3. He was a Yorkshire & ENG cricketer & captain (who played for ENG in early 20th century), soldier, Politian. Who was he?

    4. This 19th century Australian bowler once bowled a delivery that left a dent in the batsman's back. Who was he?.

    5. Who took ENGs first post-war hattrick?

    6. In one freak occrance in test history. This bowler finished with figures of 32-27-5-0 and bowling a record 21 consecutive maiden overs in this spell. Who was he?.

    7. He is credited as being New Zealand's premier spin bowler in their immediate post war years. Who was he?.

    8. This classy Pakistan opener. Retired from cricket to pursue a career in acting who was he?

    9. He was the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match. Who was he?

    10. He was first debutant in test history to be out out first ball of a test. Who was he?

    30 minutes to answer & you need to get more than 5 correct....
    Honestly aussie, giving someone a cricketing knowledge quiz to give people the right to question you comes off as pretty arrogant and even worse, incredibly childish. Glenn McGrath might not be able to tell you the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match, but he sure as hell would know more about cricket than you, me or pretty much anyone else on the forum. Knowing a few random facts does not suddenly make you a god of cricketing knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.


  5. #20
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Ah, but does McGrath know about Schofield Law?

  6. #21
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Ah, but does McGrath know about Schofield Law?
    The Dillon Law is something better for McGrath to know, given he was a fast-bowler like big Merv too

  7. #22
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    The Dillon Law is something better for McGrath to know, given he was a fast-bowler like big Merv too
    Nein. All I stated were statistical facts. What you stated were baseless suppositions.

    I've linked you to help you with your comprehension. Learning is fun.

  8. #23
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Haha ah yes this is why i love the CW moderators, the double standard is beautfiul.

    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Honestly aussie, giving someone a cricketing knowledge quiz to give people the right to question you comes off as pretty arrogant and even worse, incredibly childish.
    No sir. If a poster can call my views on cricket idiotic, i defiantely have the right to put him on the spot by giving him a quizz. If he can't answer question from this "idiot" correctly, that would be embarassing

    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Glenn McGrath might not be able to tell you the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match, but he sure as hell would know more about cricket than you, me or pretty much anyone else on the forum.
    McGrath indeed may not know who the first bowler to get Tendy stumped in a test. But its highly debatable if he knows more about cricket history than everyone on this forum like a SJS, archie_mac, A MassiveZebra, Richard, TEC etc or genuine cricket historians like a John Arnott, CLR James, David Frith.

    Pigeon or not much cricketers come across to be as the historian types. When exactly in their hectic careers would they sit down & read loads of books & turk cricinfo stats etc??.

    They just have better knowledge of actual game circumstances than any arm-chair experts or historian. Given that they played it in match situations.

    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Knowing a few random facts does not suddenly make you a god of cricketing knowledge.

    I believe i know more than just a few stats. By my intention of that quizz was to put sweet Ginger on the spot for reasons i stated above - rather than me trying profess myself as any "god of cricketenig knowledge. Dont twist this..

  9. #24
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Haha ah yes this is why i love the CW moderators, the double standard is beautfiul.
    Yes, because clearly saying one bowler who has played a significant amount of cricket was better than another who has played a significant amount of cricket is the same thing as saying a bowler who hasn't played any cricket is bad because another, completely different, bowler was bad. Clearly.

    Because having two different standards for two completely different situations is a double standard. More education for you.

    PS, quoting this for posterity:
    No sir. If a poster can call my views on cricket idiotic, i defiantely have the right to put him on the spot by giving him a quizz. If he can't answer question from this "idiot" correctly, that would be embarassing

  10. #25
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Haha, i love you CWers & the internet tuff talk.

    I have be told not to insult anyone anymore. Lets see what the moderators will do about you breaking forum rules.

    But either way since you think i'm such an idiot when it comes to my views on cricket. Let me give you my usual cricket quizz. If you can't answer this 10 questions accurately, then you won't have any credibily left to question anything i ever say again:

    1. Who is credited with inventing the googly?

    2. This West Indian fast-bowler cut short the career of a batsman by hitting him the skull in a test match in the 60s. Who was the bowler & the batsman in this incident?

    3. He was a Yorkshire & ENG cricketer & captain (who played for ENG in early 20th century), soldier, Politian. Who was he?

    4. This 19th century Australian bowler once bowled a delivery that left a dent in the batsman's back. Who was he?.

    5. Who took ENGs first post-war hattrick?

    6. In one freak occrance in test history. This bowler finished with figures of 32-27-5-0 and bowling a record 21 consecutive maiden overs in this spell. Who was he?.

    7. He is credited as being New Zealand's premier spin bowler in their immediate post war years. Who was he?.

    8. This classy Pakistan opener. Retired from cricket to pursue a career in acting who was he?

    9. He was the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match. Who was he?

    10. He was first debutant in test history to be out out first ball of a test. Who was he?

    30 minutes to answer & you need to get more than 5 correct....
    And quoting this for posterity too, because it just wreaks of insecurity, and that's pretty hilarious.

  11. #26
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Nein. All I stated were statistical facts. What you stated were baseless suppositions.

    I've linked you to help you with your comprehension. Learning is fun.
    Oh i right so i didn't state facts back then too. If those supposition then i as already knew i have to question your reasoning on all cricket matters from now on.

    I've linked you as well to help with your comprehension. But I was never a believer that learning was ever fun though.


    But i do wonder though, how much longer are you going to keep following me around in every ****ing thread repeating my position on that Schofield sir???. WTF is wrong with you, let is die FFS. You dont see me running behind Richard like some girl, reminding him about his FCA & theory on Matt Hayden which i disagree with. My opinion on it will not change, so back up..

  12. #27
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    And quoting this for posterity too, because it just wreaks of insecurity, and that's pretty hilarious.
    Nah nah dont carry it there at all. I have owned many posters on this site with the "quiz" who always like to run personal insults or questioning my knowledge on cricket when a quote wars gets heated. Their are certain posters on this site i know would get almsot all right - while some wont like Ginger. So i put him on the spot..
    Last edited by aussie; 07-02-2010 at 09:25 PM.

  13. #28
    International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,297
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Glenn McGrath might not be able to tell you the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match, but he sure as hell would know more about cricket than you, me or pretty much anyone else on the forum.
    epic DWTA

  14. #29
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Oh i right so i didn't state facts back then too
    Sure thing bro. The facts.

  15. #30
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,243
    Haha Aussie, the thing is no one is having a go at you for your facts/knowledge of an actual event where their is clearly an answer, it's just your perception and your opinion that people call you up on.

    Now to the hawkeye, and it's an awesome add-on to the website. I really think we'll be able to give better opinions in the official threads.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricinfo All-time series "Eleven of the best"
    By aussie in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 26-05-2010, 09:41 AM
  2. New Cricinfo Design
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 22-03-2010, 02:51 PM
  3. Test Players With No Cricinfo Bio
    By Goughy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 03:25 AM
  4. T&T chief hints at regional split - Cricinfo
    By elcid in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 28-07-2009, 09:49 PM
  5. Aakash Chopra's Cricinfo Article
    By Shri in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-07-2009, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •