• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak Players ignored by IPL - this is how democracy works

Sir Alex

Banned

Angry Pakistanis burn effigies of Lalit Modi, the IPL Commissioner for god knows what his role in franchises not bidding for Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League.

Sir Alex

Banned
And hence the reference to the top 3 languages spoken in Pakistan. Can extend it to foods and the arts as well (Pakistani classical musicians have huge followings in India and vice versa for Indian movies).

Creating a litmus test for subcontinental nationalities isn't a solved problem, many have been trying ( even cheering for cricket teams has been suggested, seriously).
It should have something to do with the historical fact that till 60 years back, India and Pakistan were more or less the same country for about two millenia.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
They would not be able to give an definitive answer. Most likely there were whispers about visas and that is why they were not picked up.

They were added to the auction list as teams expressed an interest. They were then not bid on as there could be issues (and not good publicity) about visas. It would appear the IPL teams did their due diligence.

A real shame for the Pakistani players and a minor embarassment all around but no where near as bad if a team bid big on a player and they were then denied entry.
Razzaq came on Geo TV last night with his passport in his hand with a 1 year valid Visa to India........which he got in December 2009 valid until this Dec 2010.

gvenkat

State Captain
It's purely a behind the scene instruction from the Government not to pick any players, I'm appalled as to why the Indian government would not come out and say we would not have any ties with Pakistan still so many issues are solved.

All those shedding crocodile tears and saying that their pride has been hurt can go take a hike.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
India have some racist goon running around making threats to the Australian players and the Indian government are condoning this behavoir so it dosent surprise me what happened to the Pakistan players.
Jeez, as far as trolls go, you're a gold medallist. He certainly is a goon, but not racist, unless Pakistanis are a different race to Indians now.

Faisal1985

IPL is purely a business venture. Buying Pakistani players at this point in time is fraught with all risks as a single incident can result in them either backing out of the competition on their own or evicted by India. Also talented they might be, but surely not that talented to justify their selection over such risks. Surely it it unfortunate and millions in India would've loved to watch them play. But Pakistan and her fans must realise there are a thousand things of immediate concern to be addressed in their cricket. They are languishing at the bottom of the test table, can no longer host matches, can't field for their lives, have top order batsmen who average in 20s and 30s, and are getting insultingly whitewashed. They should take this opportunity to look into this own cricket and ask themselves whether at this point in time they are a force to reckon. Good luck Pak cricket. Get over this.
This is Bull S*** , why put them on auction list if their was a "risk"????? IPL Franchises specifically requested the names to be put on the auction list! Otherwise why would players even apply????? Or why would their names be even put up????

And all those saying IPL teams could have faced anger from supporters if they had Pak players playing in their teams.......well who says that the entire Indian cricketing fan population absolutely "hates" Pakistan cricketers? who says that the Indians don't want to see Pakistani players play? who has proof of that? It is absurd to paint a picture like that about the Indian cricket lovers.....

In my language we call this "baghal mein churri mon mein ram ram".........for those who understand.....

Stop giving stupid excuses Modi.......

Faisal1985

The way it is being argued here and elsewhere as if India and Indian Corporate have an obligation to pick Pak players. There is so much talk of self respect, Duh these folks play for PCB which treats them worse than a Doormat , where is the self respect then ?

The auction was in MUMBAI, read carefully again, Auction was in MUMBAI in the same TRIDENT Hotel which was attacked last year by terrorists. More than 30 people were killed in that attack, 32 year old Maj. Sandeep was killed saving lnnocent lives. So next time you shed your crocodile tears and shallow national pride and talk about being slapped and insulted, make sure you understand what happened there a year ago.
Quite off the topic but i am sick and tired of this constant B.S and finger pointing towards Pakistan.....

May be you should go check the facts before uttering your random rants about who did what! The only attacker India captured said plain and simple that 3 of the people involved in the attacks were Indian nationals and 1 was from Jammu...............stop arguing about Mumbai ......your Army is funding the entire Taliban suicide bombing in Pakistan...day in day out the police and army finds Indian made weapons being used in Pakistan attacks. Your intelligence is supporting insurgency in Balochistan. India is building illegal dams in Kashmir and flooding the entire poor population of Pakistani Punjab or leaving a drought.............Who did the Mariott Hotel bombings in Islamabad? Who attacked the SL cricket team? Yes the main stream media can fake and forge the facts, but first of all the facts don't change, and the locals are not main stream media.............so keep this Main Stream Media farce to yourself....don't argue like CNN IBN correspondent.........everyone in Pakistan knows what India is doing......

jeevan

International 12th Man
I think having valid visas was an eligibility requirement for the auction (wasn't there a minor ruckus over that as well in Nov/Dec as not all Pakistani players met the deadline - many through the slow processing by Indian consulates and some by their own delays).

I think people might be referring to travel bans being instituted by either government as being the risk. But that's overstated as well (or so I hope, as no one wants to see things flare up - cricket or no cricket.)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Quite off the topic but i am sick and tired of this constant B.S and finger pointing towards Pakistan.....

May be you should go check the facts before uttering your random rants about who did what! The only attacker India captured said plain and simple that 3 of the people involved in the attacks were Indian nationals and 1 was from Jammu...............stop arguing about Mumbai ......your Army is funding the entire Taliban suicide bombing in Pakistan...day in day out the police and army finds Indian made weapons being used in Pakistan attacks. Your intelligence is supporting insurgency in Balochistan. India is building illegal dams in Kashmir and flooding the entire poor population of Pakistani Punjab or leaving a drought.............Who did the Mariott Hotel bombings in Islamabad? Who attacked the SL cricket team? Yes the main stream media can fake and forge the facts, but first of all the facts don't change, and the locals are not main stream media.............so keep this Main Stream Media farce to yourself....don't argue like CNN IBN correspondent.........everyone in Pakistan knows what India is doing......
And I solved world hunger a decade back.

Sir Alex

Banned
This is Bull S*** , why put them on auction list if their was a "risk"????? IPL Franchises specifically requested the names to be put on the auction list! Otherwise why would players even apply????? Or why would their names be even put up????
Question :Why are you "hurt" because nobody gave a damn to your countrymen in India's domestic tournament? Putting their names in the auction list was simply diplomatic ****. Or you might say "passing the responsibility buck" of the exclusion to the franchises. It is funny to see some Pakistanis moaning about "hurt pride" and "insulted" at not being considered in India's tournament run with Indian money.

And all those saying IPL teams could have faced anger from supporters if they had Pak players playing in their teams.......well who says that the entire Indian cricketing fan population absolutely "hates" Pakistan cricketers? who says that the Indians don't want to see Pakistani players play? who has proof of that? It is absurd to paint a picture like that about the Indian cricket lovers.....
8-) Nobody made a claim all Indians hate having Pakistanis in the IPL teams. But they can very well live without them also as demonstrated last year in Pakistan. Pakistani cricketers are not the sort of "irreplaceable" in the IPL. After all it is still a mickey mouse wham bam thank you maam version of cricket.

In my language we call this "baghal mein churri mon mein ram ram".........for those who understand.....
I don't know what **** that means and I don't care.

Stop giving stupid excuses Modi.......
Stop being a crybaby first. Think logically and rationally. Actually having not to stoop in front of Indian corporate honchos just because they paid you some bucks for life is worse than not getting to play at all in the IPL.

The pertinent question asked by Indians supporting the exclusion of Pakistan is this. Paying big Indian money to Pakistani players is indirectly funding Pakistan, thereby funding organisations like ISI which in turn is trying to destabilise India. The logic might be circumvented but undeniable.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Here goes another thread. This one had "disaster" written all over it from the beginning.

Moderators, to the rescue - please!!

Faisal1985

what rubbish! they are not going to starve because they are not playing in IPL. and they didnt take up cricket as a career hoping to make a living through IPL. did they?

if they are frustrated let them be. it is more important for pakistan cricket to get the national team in order. if they dont worry about it they will continue to have a mediocre team representing them at the international stage.

as for not picking pakistani cricketers, i think there are too many diplomatic issues involved right now in resuming cricketing relations between the two countries. good business decision by IPL owners in ignoring them,. of course, i would have loved to see afridi and gul and asif turn up in this tournament. but that is secondary compared to the bigger picture of sorting out the cricketing ties between the two countries.
Explain to me this then:

IPL first receives "requests" from various franchises regarding Pak players, then IPL gives certain conditions to Pak players that if you do this this and this, i will put you on the list because the Franchises requested your names, (according to Cricinfo article)....Ok, i got the clearance, i got the visa, all i need is a contract now and i am good to go......Ok says IPL you are on the list to be sold.........oh, wait a second, IPL Franchises just changed their minds about you.........you are not going to be picked because your availability is iffy.........player: BUT WAIT! I have the got damn visa to go to India anytime i want!!!!! What risk what availability?????? WHat..............what????

To me this is called setting up a drama to insult a nation....it comes naturally to the Indians...especially in treatment of Pakistan....

Faisal1985

Question :Why are you "hurt" because nobody gave a damn to your countrymen in India's domestic tournament? Putting their names in the auction list was simply diplomatic ****. Or you might say "passing the responsibility buck" of the exclusion to the franchises. It is funny to see some Pakistanis moaning about "hurt pride" and "insulted" at not being considered in India's tournament run with Indian money.
Again a brainless post without any clue about what the situation is......listen, SIR ALEX, you don't invite a guest to your home only to later disrespectfully throw him out with out offering even a drink...........DO you understand that????? Do you know what does hospitality mean? DO you know what is meant by respect??? Seriously......stop ranting B.S. about the whole situation. Indians are known for acting like this against Pakistan...

8-) Nobody made a claim all Indians hate having Pakistanis in the IPL teams. But they can very well live without them also as demonstrated last year in Pakistan. Pakistani cricketers are not the sort of "irreplaceable" in the IPL. After all it is still a mickey mouse wham bam thank you maam version of cricket.
I don't know what **** that means and I don't care.
Needless to comment if you don't care right?

Read the post which i quoted, which makes a claim that the risk is Indian spectators showing anger towards their teams if Pak players play........

Stop being a crybaby first. Think logically and rationally. Actually having not to stoop in front of Indian corporate honchos just because they paid you some bucks for life is worse than not getting to play at all in the IPL.

The pertinent question asked by Indians supporting the exclusion of Pakistan is this. Paying big Indian money to Pakistani players is indirectly funding Pakistan, thereby funding organisations like ISI which in turn is trying to destabilise India. The logic might be circumvented but undeniable.
So you are saying the Pakistani cricketers are in deed funding the ISI? You have quite an imagination....keep it up...

Faisal1985

Who cares about IPL, at some point I was rooting for ICL and at that time most of ICL players were from Pakistan. And you are right IPL doesn't represent Indian people and Indian democracy or whatever crap that is being uttered here about India. So next time you want to voice your anger about non selection of Pak Cricketers in IPL, Keep Indian Government, Indian people and Indian democracy out of it.

If you are going to bring all that then you know how the discussion is going to get. I have no intrest in discussing politics and terrorism with you or any of the Pakistani member here as long as you do not start the discussion and start throwing random accusations. And I do hear opinion of average Pakistani people, some of them are speaking here on the matter and it is mostly bull****. Not one of you has come up with any sensible post on the issue so far. Make some sane post and you will hear respectful response otherwise you hear what you deserve.

I am jsut appalled at the outrage by Pak members for something so trivial.
Look who is talking about making sane posts......

Sir Alex

Banned
Again a brainless post without any clue about what the situation is......listen, SIR ALEX, you don't invite a guest to your home only to later disrespectfully throw him out with out offering even a drink...........DO you understand that????? Do you know what does hospitality mean? DO you know what is meant by respect??? Seriously......stop ranting B.S. about the whole situation. Indians are known for acting like this against Pakistan...
Well, considering how the Pakistani players treated IPL by deciding on their own not to play in it despite after given astronomical sums, it is just payback time bro. No offence, it is just business, nothing personal.

Needless to comment if you don't care right?
Dire.

Read the post which i quoted, which makes a claim that the risk is Indian spectators showing anger towards their teams if Pak players play........
There is a possibility considering the bad blood post the 26/11 attacks.

So you are saying the Pakistani cricketers are in deed funding the ISI? You have quite an imagination....keep it up...
ISI is a legit Pakistani Govt setup right? And Pakistani cricketers pay tax to Pakistani Govt right? Do I have to explain everything to you?

Faisal1985

Well, considering how the Pakistani players treated IPL by deciding on their own not to play in it despite after given astronomical sums, it is just payback time bro. No offence, it is just business, nothing personal.
I thought the pay back was done? IPL 2? In any case, i am just exposing very nature of such behavior. Business you say? In that case IPL should have refused to even put any Pak player on the auction or should down right told Butt, sorry mate, its not happening for Pak players.......

On one hand you have big name like Amitabh coming on TV and giving a message of unity...and mind you Amitabh is a God Father in India and on the other hand, they are flat out disrespecting Pakistan, let alone meeting half way.....

There is a possibility considering the bad blood post the 26/11 attacks.
In that case don't auction Pak players in the first place. Say "NO" we don't give a damn about Pak players don't expect anything.....first they give a positive gesture and then stab you in the back......what can i say, again this is the behavior of India from day one towards Pakistan and its people.

ISI is a legit Pakistani Govt setup right? And Pakistani cricketers pay tax to Pakistani Govt right? Do I have to explain everything to you?
If its legit then whats wrong with paying tax?

Shiv Sena is legit too.....right?

Yes i think you need to clear your statement about ISI.

AaronK

State Regular
Frankly I don't get this racist angle to all of this discussion. It evoked a guffaw, frankly, in me to read that inclusion of Wasim Akram would send up TRPs in Pakistan. First of all the TRPs from Pakistan during the last year's IPL, which was a great success was minimal. So Modi and his minions would not be much concerned about that. Secondly Wasim is in as a consultant to Kolkota knight riders so he won't be commentating. IPL is as Indian as the T20 Big Bash is Australian and to say it doesnt represent the will of Indians is just not right when you consider the TRPs and the following for individual teams in India.
I meant to say.. what they are doing and their actions.. which is clearly discrimintory.. do not represent average indian public or indian people opinion or actions..

:laugh: How would Indians practice racism towards Pakistanis? Even when you guys speak street Urdu* (or Punjabi, Sindhi with Indians who speak those languages) there isn't a good way of identifying you apart from Indians.

* as opposed to the extra-Arabic/Persian infused Urdu on Pakistani television.
First i am not pakistani

second, ya maybe racism isn't the right word to describe it but descrimination based on the fact that they are from pakistan can be applied here..

Who cares about IPL, at some point I was rooting for ICL and at that time most of ICL players were from Pakistan. And you are right IPL doesn't represent Indian people and Indian democracy or whatever crap that is being uttered here about India. So next time you want to voice your anger about non selection of Pak Cricketers in IPL, Keep Indian Government, Indian people and Indian democracy out of it.

If you are going to bring all that then you know how the discussion is going to get. I have no intrest in discussing politics and terrorism with you or any of the Pakistani member here as long as you do not start the discussion and start throwing random accusations. And I do hear opinion of average Pakistani people, some of them are speaking here on the matter and it is mostly bull****. Not one of you has come up with any sensible post on the issue so far. Make some sane post and you will hear respectful response otherwise you hear what you deserve.

I am jsut appalled at the outrage by Pak members for something so trivial.
clearly ur post proved that u r taking IPL's side..

I have so much respect for average people of india and for that mater around the world.. every country every region.. their religion, customs, people and culture are dear to me and i respect them.. but I have every single right to say whatever i want about indian government, politics and policians and same goes about the government, politics and politician of every region and country around the world... say what u want and justify it however u want.. every single polician that exist today around the world are currpt. same goes with indian government, democracy and politicians.

you have come up alot of senseble posts here..accusing Pakistani crickets for Mambai attack of 2008.. really.. r u freaking kidding me.. awsome dude..u r the most senseble person in this forum.. what is next.. u going to say Tigar Wood is blamed for Haiti earthquake..

I think this post is a load of ****ing bull****. Attacking the post btw, not the poster.:cool:
You have ur opinion dude.. i certainly don't have anything against u or want u to agree or disagree with me.. but i would have to say.. hating people because of their culture, religion, skin color or nation is wrong and unfair..u have proven ur prejudice against pakistani people by calling them **** in ur previous post.. so that makes u a lower life racis..i certainly think that u don't deserve to be argued with..

Shri

Mr. Glass
You have ur opinion dude.. i certainly don't have anything against u or want u to agree or disagree with me.. but i would have to say.. hating people because of their culture, religion, skin color or nation is wrong and unfair..u have proven ur prejudice against pakistani people by calling them **** in ur previous post.. so that makes u a lower life racis..i certainly think that u don't deserve to be argued with..
"****" is in my opinion, just a short form for the word Pakistani. I can't take into account, the inferiority complex of people like you who take every chance to cry racism, when I am trying to make a sentence. You couldn't argue about any other point I made in that post you pointed out and so you chose to gain sympathy from other posters by playing the race card on something that was not even implied. I spotted bull**** and called you out on it and you are getting all defensive and playing victim.