• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft

Himannv

International Coach
Ah, excellent performance by my batsmen. Sehwag in form and Hammond coming good in the big game. The bowlers doing well on that pitch, specially on Day 5, was expected.

pskov

International 12th Man
Pleased that Hadlee justified me spending $2m on him. 564 runs @ 35.25 and 56 wickets @ 26.12. Shame that the rest of my team was average, the bowling especially was toothless. Hence 7 draws in 12 games.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win for my team to finish off the tournament with. Richards' 214 in the first innings capping off a brilliant series for him, and another five wickets to Lohmann; those two players really carried my team. Very pleased to finish in fourth place (and with the third most wins), even though my side was the only one in the entire competition not to pick up a single bonus point!

Just looking at my stats, its actually quite amusing to see just how evident it was that Richards (1,380 runs @ 62.7), Sobers (947 runs @ 55.7) and Lohmann (93 wickets @ 10.0) were the stars in my side; the rest, whilst some performed adequately, did struggle at times.

Also congrats to Himannv's team on taking out the title. ;)

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Totally dominated. Barnes and Inzamam the only 2 players to compete. Nothing I can say other than congratulations Himannv.

I'd like to thank Marc as well. Wonderfully run draft and sim.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Too many underperformers in my side, I believe the team was capable of 2-3 places higher on the table.

They key stats:

No batsmen averaged > 50
Only two bowlers to average < 30
Boucher averaging 9.32 with the bat
Benaud averaging 55.20 with the ball

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Awesome work by Waqar and Hooper finally managed a big one.. :)

Really happy with my performance given I had a couple of sheep, tbh. :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Boucher averaging 9.32 with the bat
Benaud averaging 55.20 with the ball
Those are shocking figures for players who are higher quality than those stats represent. Though I too was surprised at how poorly Hookes was with the bat (averaging 13.9) and Sobers with the ball (averaging 50.6).

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to thank Marc as well. Wonderfully run draft and sim.
I agree, extremely well run. The whole idea to combine an auctioning process with the draft is certainly a winner, looking forward to the ODI version now. :)