• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ed Giddins retires

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
Any against Australia?
No, he played against NZ, 2 Tests against Zimbabwe including the destruction at Lord's, and played his last Test against the WIndies in that summer.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
cool, what was his domestic average?
Mid 28s in FC and OD bowling, in Tests 12 wickets in 4 Tests at 20.00

Batting average of around 5! :lol:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
from thos stats it sounds like he did quite well in test cricket...why did he retire?

Craig

World Traveller
Read the article Mr.Ponting and you will find out.

His best Test bowling is 5-15 at Lords and he spent 18 months for taking drugs just like Mr Shane Keith Warne.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
i couldn't be bothered reading it before. but i just read it. very interesting...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr. Ponting said:
from thos stats it sounds like he did quite well in test cricket...why did he retire?

He was never really rated by selectors, and he moved around the counties a bit... And the usual thing that wickets against Zimbabwe dont count, although Zim nearly left England with egg on their faces at Trent Bridge, and got thru to the final of the One day stuff...

He was accurate and swung the ball but never had a strong action or much pace, as well as being banned for taking drugs in 1996 i think...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Read the article Mr.Ponting and you will find out.

His best Test bowling is 5-15 at Lords and he spent 18 months for taking drugs just like Mr Shane Keith Warne.
Hmmm different type of drugs really, these were recreational, basically in young person's speak he "had a joint." Warne's was because of a drug that can mask the presance of steriods.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Hmmm different type of drugs really, these were recreational, basically in young person's speak he "had a joint." Warne's was because of a drug that can mask the presance of steriods.
I thought Giddins was Coke?

18 months for Dope would be ridiculously harsh (think Beefy)