• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No doubt I'll get labelled as an Aussie basher, but Watson continues to be a complete embarrassment. I don't mind a few of the Aussie players but he just makes it very hard to like the Aussie time as a whole with his behaviour. And, while the Bollinger catch was a tad inconclusive on first watch, subsequent watches don't really paint Mr Potato Head in all that good a light.

Real shame the Windies couldn't keep the Nash-Deonarine partnership going for another 40-50 runs.
Agree on the first part, Watson looked like a tool jumping about. I don't think Kiwis need an excuse to not like the Aussie team as a whole though :happy:

Don't think Bollinger would've known for sure though. The first catch last test (!?) was worse I thought.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Roach has batted very sensibly. Would love it, were it to happen.
99% unlikely but if the bowlers serve up rubbish and luck is there, could happen. Would certainly think it was a great possibility if a batsman was out there still.

duffer

Didn't see the Watson celebration but I can't imagine ti woud be any more over the top than his previous efforts. Not sure why Greig was calling for the match referee to get involved unless he sent Gayle off.

Son Of Coco

Didn't see the Watson celebration but I can't imagine ti woud be any more over the top than his previous efforts. Not sure why Greig was calling for the match referee to get involved unless he sent Gayle off.
If you imagine a 13 year-old girl just being told she has front row tickets to a Guy Sebastian concert, it was a bit like that.

duffer

If you imagine a 13 year-old girl just being told she has front row tickets to a Guy Sebastian concert, it was a bit like that.
Heh, nothing new then.

EDIT: Guy Sebastien? Or Jonas Brothers? My cousin who fits the demographic goes "eeewwww" when a Sebastien clip is on TV.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
No doubt I'll get labelled as an Aussie basher, but Watson continues to be a complete embarrassment. I don't mind a few of the Aussie players but he just makes it very hard to like the Aussie time as a whole with his behaviour. And, while the Bollinger catch was a tad inconclusive on first watch, subsequent watches don't really paint Mr Potato Head in all that good a light.

Real shame the Windies couldn't keep the Nash-Deonarine partnership going for another 40-50 runs.
That was his second time in the series, he "caught" one that bounced way infront of him and he told ricky he took it cleanly. They need to pull him up asap, nobody should tolerate the cheating. I won't be waiting for the Aussies to do it to be honest. :laugh:

Son Of Coco

Heh, nothing new then.

EDIT: Guy Sebastien? Or Jonas Brothers? My cousin who fits the demographic goes "eeewwww" when a Sebastien clip is on TV.
Actually Jonas Brothers would be more accurate. Especially now Guy's decided to get all original and go down the not-often-travelled Motown Classics album route.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
That was his second time in the series, he "caught" one that bounced way infront of him and he told ricky he took it cleanly. They need to pull him up asap, nobody should tolerate the cheating. I won't be waiting for the Aussies to do it to be honest. :laugh:
Bollocks the one today was cheating. FFS he was diving forward and came up with a pinky wedged under it. It's all good and well to look at it from fifteen different angles in slow motion, but I'd sure as **** be claiming that as a catch or at least asking for them to have a look after taking it in real time.

Son Of Coco

Bollocks the one today was cheating. FFS he was diving forward and came up with a pinky wedged under it. It's all good and well to look at it from fifteen different angles in slow motion, but I'd sure as **** be claiming that as a catch or at least asking for them to have a look after taking it in real time.
:laugh:

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how hard it is to recognise that sitting on your lounge watching a slow motion replay is completely different to actually diving for a low catch in the field. For a start, if the ball's close to the ground you usually have your head up at the last moment so it doesn't hit you in the face if you miss it. If it ends up in your hands you don't always know whether it's touched the ground at the same time you caught it or not.

It's not unusual for people to come out of the woodwork though when something like this happens. It is interesting that it's happened to Dougeh twice in a couple of weeks though. First one looked worse in my opinion.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how hard it is to recognise that sitting on your lounge watching a slow motion replay is completely different to actually diving for a low catch in the field. For a start, if the ball's close to the ground you usually have your head up at the last moment so it doesn't hit you in the face if you miss it. If it ends up in your hands you don't always know whether it's touched the ground at the same time you caught it or not.
I.... agree. :-O :unsure:

DingDong

State Captain
watson should be banned for a month. there were probably a lot of kids watching and this is the way a role model behaves?

pasag

RTDAS
Just saw the sendoff, had a bit of a chuckle tbh. Yes he's a tool, yes he deserves to be fined and heavily censured and even possibly banned but that's Watto and we love him for it.