• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mills up to #1 on the ODI top bowlers ranking

Howsie

International Captain
It is certainly an issue to his game BUT an issue that he has clearly worked on.
Well if he wants to start making 100's again he better work on it a lot more, until he get's to the point where he's playing it maybe once or twice an innings he isn't going to make too many 100+ scores, he'll just continue to make those 60-80 scores.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well if he wants to start making 100's again he better work on it a lot more, until he get's to the point where he's playing it maybe once or twice an innings he isn't going to make too many 100+ scores, he'll just continue to make those 60-80 scores.
Needs to stop giving away his wicket to lesser bowlers. Battles against the great bowlers and then when the going gets easy he scoops up a catch somewhere. He has a similar problem after session breaks.

Flem274*

123/5
Taylor is a massively different batsman now to the "batsman" he was in the test series against South Africa.

That 120 against England displayed he has huge desire to improve and as Athers said, against bigger nations he does well, indicating it's a concentration thing. Needs to take the lighter bowlers more seriously.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Even though he may be below his potential. We would be up the creek without him and Broom or someone else (who I don't know) would be batting number 4 for us in ODIs.

He will never be as good as Kevin Pietersen or one of the top players of our day - but he is a star for us.

I am not in favour of dropping him or any of our top players to give their heads a shake as I favour a pick and stick policy as it allows the batsman to be more confident with their games and not bat tentatively (which will lead to a dismissal).
I think the guys are personally motivated enough at that level.

I think our sucky batting will take a step forward when Wunderkid Kane finally makes the team in another season. His secondary spin bowling will probably shut the door on Patels future as well.

McCullum
Ryder
Guptil
Taylor
Elliott
Williamson

= An average ODI batting team

Howsie

International Captain
Even though he may be below his potential. We would be up the creek without him and Broom or someone else (who I don't know) would be batting number 4 for us in ODIs.

He will never be as good as Kevin Pietersen or one of the top players of our day - but he is a star for us.

I am not in favour of dropping him or any of our top players to give their heads a shake as I favour a pick and stick policy as it allows the batsman to be more confident with their games and not bat tentatively (which will lead to a dismissal).
I think the guys are personally motivated enough at that level.

I think our sucky batting will take a step forward when Wunderkid Kane finally makes the team in another season. His secondary spin bowling will probably shut the door on Patels future as well.

McCullum
Ryder
Guptil
Taylor
Elliott
Williamson

= An average ODI batting team
Williamson would be batting a lot higher then six, once he breaks into the black caps he should wrap up the number three posistion. As long as ND start playing him their this season, and from what I've heard they plan to.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NZ really only need an average top 6 when players outside the 6 like Vettori, Franklin and Mills can contribute.

BTW I find that top 6 more exciting then a good number of countries.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Needs to stop giving away his wicket to lesser bowlers. Battles against the great bowlers and then when the going gets easy he scoops up a catch somewhere. He has a similar problem after session breaks.
Sounds like every NZ batsman since Martin Crowe.