• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravi Bopara out!

G.JonesIsAwful

Cricket Spectator
Sick and tired of his poor displays and his awful fielding lately. Does not deserve to be in the England squad in my opinion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was at my brother's before. Bopara cost us a couple of runs in the field and I ranted about him. I then left the room. I returned and this thread was here, mysteriously created by a username that is, you know, the opposite of mine. Funny that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was at my brother's before. Bopara cost us a couple of runs in the field and I ranted about him. I then left the room. I returned and this thread was here, mysteriously created by a username that is, you know, the opposite of mine. Funny that.
Prepare to be given 7.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The worst thing is I replied initially then realised what had happened, so deleted my post. I put him in the Tazzmission as a punishment so all's well that ends well.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Ravi Bopara is terrible! He has proved to be mentally very weak. One comment by Shane Warne, dismissing him as a batsman before the Ashes did it for him. One you let the Aussies get on top of you...you dont come back. Look what happend to Basit Ali.
On the other hand, despite many attempts by Ponting and the Australian media to unnerve Jonathan Trott, he totally kept quiet and then shut them up with an excellent match winning hundred! Thats strength!

iamdavid

International Debutant
One you let the Aussies get on top of you...you dont come back. Look what happend to Basit Ali.
Err and look what happened to Rahul Dravid after the Aussies owned him in 99-00 lol.

But in all seriousness I do think Bopara needs to go for the time being. There's a hugely noticeable difference in his body language and confidence from the Sophia Gardens test match when he was swaggering out to bat coming off two hundreds against the Windies, and now where he just looks pretty jaded and bereft of self belief. He's had an extended run and been found wanting, needs some time out of the side to refine his technique and perhaps make some mental adjustments.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some folks seem to have a memory of an elephant...

You sure it's not Ross Douglas/Clown Roy again?
100% little bro, IP checks can probably confirm that I posted on the same computer a few times on Sunday tbh

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Err and look what happened to Rahul Dravid after the Aussies owned him in 99-00 lol.

But in all seriousness I do think Bopara needs to go for the time being. There's a hugely noticeable difference in his body language and confidence from the Sophia Gardens test match when he was swaggering out to bat coming off two hundreds against the Windies, and now where he just looks pretty jaded and bereft of self belief. He's had an extended run and been found wanting, needs some time out of the side to refine his technique and perhaps make some mental adjustments.
well I meant in the context of one particular series. What Dravid did 4 years later is a different issue..by then its safe to assume he had been able to rebuild his confidence.
Basit Ali is not the only example, infact you just proved my point..even a player of Dravid's calibre struggled to come back in the 99-00 series.