• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Kenya in Zimabwe

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
*Official* Kenya in Zimbabwe

Once again Kenya's token match against a full member of the ICC is against Zimbabwe:laugh: and they will be looking to excorcise the demons of the 5-0 whitewash on home ground last year that most certainly was nail in the coffin of now ex-coach Andy Kirsten.

Anyway a year down the line and this time Kenya tour Zimbabwe for their thirs away intercontinental Cup fixture in a row and a 3 match ODI series. Praying to god that Supersport carry this series (even SS select would suffice).

Anyway both teams come into the series with new head coaches, but Zim will be the favourites to win the battle of the epic batting collapse.

Fixtures

v. Zimbabwe XI at Kwekwe
Intercontinental cup
Oct 8-11 (09:30 local, 07:30 GMT)

v. Zimbabwe at Harare
ODI
Oct 14 (09:30 local, 07:30 GMT)

v. Zimbabwe at Harare
ODI
Oct 16 (09:30 local, 07:30 GMT)

v. Zimbabwe at Harare
ODI
Oct 18 (09:30 local, 07:30 GMT)

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Hope Kenya will pull off an upset or two. With a new coach and under the new captaincy I can see light at the end of what has been a pretty dark tunnel.

CK are also negotiating with SA over a tour there as well, so fingers crossed for that...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully so, Eldine Baptiste comes with a big reputation after his Stanford T20 exploits . Any Windies fans here with the down low on his style? (looks in roseboy's direction)

Also Chemosit, have seen from your blog that Rohit Vekaria is really getting in amongst the wickets for Kanbis A. You reckon he might get a call up?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
difficult to tell with call ups. I hope Baptiste will have a big say in the selection process and hence we will see some new names chalenging for spaces. I liked his quote that there are no sacred cows in the team. I'd say Mandela may be the next to be capped at a guess.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
appologies for the sh*thouse grammar in the above post. I swear I was sober when I wrote it.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Looks like there may be a further 2 ODIs on the cards.
I guess Zim agreed to this as they will be taqrgetting another 5-0 win and the points with it. Hope that Kenya will be able to spring a surprise under the new leadership and take the series...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like there may be a further 2 ODIs on the cards.
I guess Zim agreed to this as they will be taqrgetting another 5-0 win and the points with it. Hope that Kenya will be able to spring a surprise under the new leadership and take the series...
A little bird told me Zimbabwe cricket agreed to it in order to find a way to use up Tatenda Taibu's 10 match ban before they pack off to tour Bangladesh :laugh:

Also liking the proepects for new talent making the team:cool:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
A little bird told me Zimbabwe cricket agreed to it in order to find a way to use up Tatenda Taibu's 10 match ban before they pack off to tour Bangladesh :laugh:

Also liking the proepects for new talent making the team:cool:
Zim would never do it other than for selfish reasons, but hey if it gets us more games, I'm not complaining.
Definitely like the idea of a 30 man squad for Baptiste to choose from. should shake things up a bit and get rid of any complacency!

btw - check out my post on the Media challenge CK have organised. Now we will see if any of them have the guts to step up...

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
5 ODIs are confirmed. Hope Kenya under the new coach will pull off an upset win. Either way playing 5 ODIs will be great experience.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wed Oct 7 - Sat Oct 10
Zimbabwe XI v Kenya
Kwekwe Sports Club

Mon Oct 12
1st ODI - Zimbabwe v Kenya
Harare Sports Club

Tue Oct 13

2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v Kenya
Harare Sports Club

Thu Oct 15
3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v Kenya
Harare Sports Club

Sat Oct 17
4th ODI - Zimbabwe v Kenya
Harare Sports Club

Sun Oct 18
5th ODI - Zimbabwe v Kenya
Harare Sports Club

Play this series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket

Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1254007995

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Who's favourite for this?
Zim would be heavy favourites one would think aftert the last time we met, but I hope we will cause an upset with the new leadership.

BTW there was another thread exactly the same as this already started

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe are back on track with domestic matches going good. Guess they will have good pool of players to pick from for both Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe XI. Any guess how the teams might look?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Zimbabwe are back on track with domestic matches going good. Guess they will have good pool of players to pick from for both Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe XI. Any guess how the teams might look?
Kenya announced their squad today (I scooped the story - up yours c***info :p ).

Only one change, Waters is out, replaced by Aga. Not sure why he's out - I guess because unavailable...we will miss him I think.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Apparently Waters has made himself unavailable for this tour as he is focusing on his studies in England. A massive blow for Kenya to lose such a classy batsmen, but at least Aga will add some spice to the bowling attack.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Apparently Waters has made himself unavailable for this tour as he is focusing on his studies in England. A massive blow for Kenya to lose such a classy batsmen, but at least Aga will add some spice to the bowling attack.
A big loss indeed, but hopefully the others will carry their form through. one good thing is it should mean that Rakep Patel gets a proper run. He is due for it and should deliver.