• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now that's entertainment!

Who's is the most entertaining batsman of the last 10 years?

• Brian Lara

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Ricky Ponting

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Courtney Walsh

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Harbhajan Singh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Cairns

• Mutiah Muralitharan

• Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Virender Sehwag

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other (name)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who, over the last decade or so, has been the most entertaining batsman in your mind?

For my money, it's Walsh. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Although I am very much a Walsh fan, I have to say that Devon Malcolm was another one who was absolutely thrilling with a bat in his hand - and as I love the big guy, he gets my vote.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I couldn't really choose one from that list..they've all been sensational over the years.

Lara & Tendulkar especially for their one man army type approach.
Sehwag & Gilchrist for their enterprising batting at the top of the order.
Cairns for his match-winning knocks under pressure.

They're all entertaining in some way.

Eclipse

International Debutant
From a biased point of view right now Ponting is absoulotly amazing every shot looks a class above what most batsman can produce. But overall I would vote Lara & Gilly ahead of him.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I would add Afridi to that list he may be one of the worst players ever to play 100 ODI's but as far as Entertainment goes he would have to be the most aggressive batsman and potentialy the most devistating this game has ever seen.

Apart form that Mark Waugh sould deffinatly have been on that list IMO

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
I would add Afridi to that list he may be one of the worst players ever to play 100 ODI's but as far as Entertainment goes he would have to be the most aggressive batsman and potentialy the most devistating this game has ever seen.

Apart form that Mark Waugh sould deffinatly have been on that list IMO
I wouldn't cross the road to watch Afridi.

That's not strictly true - I did - he got out.

I was really thrilled when he signed for Derbyshire early this season, but he was a total flop.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
sehwag isn't as consistent as ponting or tendulker, but then again, this poll isn't about consistancy