Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to New Zealand Cricket

School Boy/Girl Captain

An Open Letter to New Zealand Cricket

Hello, with only two tests against Australia this summer, this is surly one of the saddest days in New Zealand cricket History, and a disgraceful black eye for the NZC board.

So why is it, on the Official New Zealand cricket board are you promoting this as good news?

The PR Marketing firm that you hire is in overdrive. How you can possibly celebrate only two tests against Australia?

I see once again Napier and Hamilton are getting the bulk of the Australian, Bangladesh and Pakistan tour, I will be sitting in sunny Christchurch watching the covers come on and off on television.

I suggest you take a look at the various message sporting boards across New Zealand to see the absolute disgust the public has with the upcoming summer of cricket.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Some things about the summer of cricket are good.

We get three tests against pakistan - rather than just a two test series. Given the choice between three tests against aussie or three against pakistan - I would pick pakistan as it will be a closely fought affair. At least I hope it will be.

Also I feel like shaking Justin Vaughn's hand for negotiating a one test tour from Bangladesh. I was cringing when I saw them on the line up for the summer. But I can suffer through one test against them. Seems like we play them more than anyone else does.

With regards to Aussie when we can start performing more consistently against the top teams then we can make a better case for having longer test series against them. Sometimes I get worried that the oppossing countries like Aussie and SA might think that it is not one of the highlights of the year to play against us. So I think a two test series might be more appealing to them and subsequently better for both cricketing governing boards.
    The counter argument to this is that the series is on our home soil. So maybe we will be more competitive here.

Bad news about Christchurch. I notice that Wellington is relatively spoiled with two tests.

International Debutant
    Why are Bangladesh touring again?

U19 Cricketer
    there is gap in janauary for 20/20 domestic they could have fitted in 1 more test. Either way i am not happy i have to move around the country to watch decent games. a 20/20 and a one day game against Bangladesh in Christchurch where it hardly rains during summer!

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Would rather two test against Bangers. The series in Bangladesh was very close and I feel with Shakib at the helm they'll put up a good showing. We should win but it will be a good contest, one that we won't lose! Probably
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

I though one-Test series were not allowed?

I mean a one Test series? What is the point? SS's reaction:

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    We should give up two dayers and a a 20/20 against Australia for a test match.

Surly this is the death of Test cricket for New Zealand? Every good team now will only want to give us two tests, Im guessing this also could be the last series we have against Australia for a while.

I'm not too dissappointed as this is the first year ever that we are having a six-test summer. I also prefer three tests against Pakistan rather then Australia as it should be a tight contest.
    Daniel Vettori is an absolute legend!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Surly this is the death of Test cricket for New Zealand? Every good team now will only want to give us two tests, Im guessing this also could be the last series we have against Australia for a while.
    TBF the BCCI wanted another Test added on when they toured New Zealand earlier this year. And considering we are not that important to them in $$$$$ terms, like Australia, England, South Africa, Pakistan are.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Nope.

That line gets thrown around so often. Test cricket here must be some sort of uber-ghost now.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Debutant
    I'm looking forward to playing Australia with Bond back...for mine it evens out the contest a huge deal. Australia obviously still favourites, but if Taylor and Ryder can pull finger and the other can be not entirely useless then we might have a shot.

TBH its up to the players.... gee if test cricket is important to them they need to show some fight.. not this bat out time mentality that nzc team proclaim is the way to go to win matches.. it rarely does and only shows a negative approach to a game esp. here in nz that needs some aggression and importance... if they can win a series against Pakistan and really push Australia even get a win out of it ... it'll help to secure test cricket here in nz .. the way I see it, it's the last roll of the dice...

State Captain
    you need to write to them about picking patel in the ODI and T20 teams consistently. young spinners need all the exposure they can get if they are going to improve.

U19 12th Man
    The death of Test cricket?

It already is on its last legs. Case in point.....There is no third test so that the players can go off and play in half the IPL. Have a look, the season is finishing a good week or so earlier than it has for the last two years.

So there is your answer about priorities. Its all about the money baby and i for one dont blame them. Its reality

Quote Originally Posted by Polo23 View Post
    I'm looking forward to playing Australia with Bond back...for mine it evens out the contest a huge deal. Australia obviously still favourites, but if Taylor and Ryder can pull finger and the other can be not entirely useless then we might have a shot.
    And the openers and Brendon McCullum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information