• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An Open Letter to New Zealand Cricket

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Also, enough of this crap about test cricket dying. It is not, there is a place in the game for purists like us. Anyhow, I do believe that if New Zealand are going to keep getting 3 test series' against Aust, India, SA ect then we need to prove that we are a competitive cricket side - starting this summer.
Absolutely. The only thing that will kill test cricket is idiotic commentators and the ICC talking it into it's grave. Surely 2020 can fund test cricket - enough people care that it won't be allowed to die.

As you say though, we must beat Pakistan at home.

SmityNZ

Cricket Spectator
Hello, with only two tests against Australia this summer, this is surly one of the saddest days in New Zealand cricket History, and a disgraceful black eye for the NZC board.

So why is it, on the Official New Zealand cricket board are you promoting this as good news?

The PR Marketing firm that you hire is in overdrive. How you can possibly celebrate only two tests against Australia?

I see once again Napier and Hamilton are getting the bulk of the Australian, Bangladesh and Pakistan tour, I will be sitting in sunny Christchurch watching the covers come on and off on television.

I suggest you take a look at the various message sporting boards across New Zealand to see the absolute disgust the public has with the upcoming summer of cricket.
Firstly, may I suggest 'sunny' Christchurch is probably more prone to rain than Hamilton or Napier is. Secondly - you don't have a Test ground. Lancaster/Jade/AMI/Lamb Slaughter Stadium is a joke. That ODI against India last season proved it. Seddon Park is a beautiful ground for Test matches and Napier deserves it as well.

Secondly, calm down. It's a two-Test series, not Armageddon. And I would be very surprised if the deciding vote in that happening boiled down to NZC.

And thirdly, this death of Test cricket is complete tripe. 50-over cricket is the only one under danger.

If you're seeking something that is a joke, what about the fact that a construction-demolished Eden Park gets not only one, but TWO ODIs against Australia?

I see a future in tabloid journalism for you.

Flem274*

123/5
Firstly, may I suggest 'sunny' Christchurch is probably more prone to rain than Hamilton or Napier is. Secondly - you don't have a Test ground. Lancaster/Jade/AMI/Lamb Slaughter Stadium is a joke. That ODI against India last season proved it. Seddon Park is a beautiful ground for Test matches and Napier deserves it as well.

Secondly, calm down. It's a two-Test series, not Armageddon. And I would be very surprised if the deciding vote in that happening boiled down to NZC.

And thirdly, this death of Test cricket is complete tripe. 50-over cricket is the only one under danger.

If you're seeking something that is a joke, what about the fact that a construction-demolished Eden Park gets not only one, but TWO ODIs against Australia?

:laugh:

Actualy Brett, why did you post that here? Did you send it to NZC?

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens for Pakistan and Australia. Southee, Franklin, Arnel and Mills may briefly fall down the pecking order like you say, but then my crystal ball is picking up a glut of retirements and/or injuries 6-18 months away from the 34+ crowd (Bond, Martin, O'Brien). Very soon after that those guys just mentioned, plus Tuffey, could BE our attack. That's a fairly frightening thought!
Tuffey, Jimmy, Butler...yeahhh

Depends really. Guys like Southee, Boult, McClennaghan, Beard....all the young players that have some hope in other words, well if at least some get their act together, plus Wagner qualifying, I think we'll be OK.

Craig

World Traveller

:notworthy:

Well done sir (although for future reference, rants with any basis or fact behind them are usually not welcome here).