• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo All-time series "Eleven of the best"

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
IMO they shouldn't include a spinner at all (except perhaps Sobers of course). Something like this would work:

Gordon Greenidge
Conrad Hunte
Viv Richards
George Headley
Brian Lara
Garfield Sobers
Jeff Dujon
Malcolm Marshall
Joel Garner
Michael Holding
Curtly Ambrose

Still even that team is extremely harsh on the likes of the 3 W's, Wes Hall, Andy Roberts, Courtney Walsh, Desmond Haynes, Rohan Kanhai and many others.
That's the team I'd probably choose as well. The only thing I might consider is having Worrell opening instead of Hunte. His captaincy would be a great boon to the team.

Himannv

International Coach
Wasn't aware that Worrell opened the innings so I looked it up. Seems he's done it on 6 occasions but has only one innings of note. However that 1 innings was where he scored 191* against England at Nottingham. He opened both the batting and the bowling in that game and his batting partner was Sobers.

Worrell and Sobers.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Awesome photo that, looks like they're part of a military parade.

That 191* is arguably his greatest innings. Saved his side from a dismal first innings after England score well over 600. Eventually allowed them to squeeze out a draw.

Himannv

International Coach
They look like they'd be quite a top notch opening pairing dont they. England could have won that one if not for him and Collie Smith I reckon.